Comments on Profile Post by Gabrelik

1. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Apr 16, 2018
    Snow White and Sauteed_Onion like this.
  2. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Was working with an artist who just stopped communicating for a month. No particular reason for this, apparently. She is now irritated that I decided to move forward with someone else over something so "trivial".
    Apr 16, 2018
  3. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Communication is key in any relationship, if you don't communicate, don't expect people to wait round, we have lives to live.
    Apr 16, 2018
  4. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Essentially, yes. As a person who also does commissions, I found it entirely unprofessional. Is what it is. Plue is now working on the portraits and I really think the style is so much better suited to the aesthetic Moiety will feature. I think it will work out quite well.
    Apr 16, 2018
  5. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    That's awesome. And yes, if you're not going to be around for a period of time, at least let your clients know before hand. I've just recently cut off an artist as they were just plain lazy and never communicated. They havent been in touch in 2 months so I'm cutting my losses and moving on.
    Apr 16, 2018
  6. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    All you can do. Live and learn, and then, get Luvs.
    Apr 16, 2018
  7. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Met many an artist who did a similar thing to me. If I wasn't pestering them every other day, they'd just fade into oblivion and stopped working on whatever I asked them to work on. Hope it works out for you in the end. :)
    Apr 16, 2018
    Snow White and starlight dream like this.
  8. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Was it the artist who did your busts? That's unfortunate to waste time and having to restart with someone else :(
    Now why they fall off the face of the Earth? There must be an alien spaceship that collects the runaway artists!
    It happens way too often.
    Apr 16, 2018
    The Stranger and Snow White like this.
  9. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    If you find the alien let me know (readies shotgun)
    Apr 16, 2018
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream It gets expensive very quickly when you have to keep having the same few characters redrawn by different artists. xD I understand that these people are mostly freelancers who take on commissions as a sort of hobby, but knowing that doesn't make being taken for a ride any less bloody annoying.
    Apr 16, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Alexander Hawksmoor Lets daydream it's an alien crew of executioners :p

@The Stranger Some of them act like they're pros though & like they're capable. It's unfair that they don't assess their capacities better. I haven't commissioned anything yet (for $) but all these stories are making me nervous xd
    Apr 16, 2018
    Gabrelik and The Stranger like this.
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream Becoming overwhelmed is probably a fairly common reason for why they simply disappear into thin air. You're right, though, they should know their limits before accepting work and taking payment. There have been a few reliable people I've worked with on here, but they've mostly been musicians. Maybe I've just been working with the wrong people.
    Apr 16, 2018
    Gabrelik and starlight dream like this.
  13. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    It's really one of those things where everything needs to be sorted up front. Even starting to consider only contracts.
    Apr 16, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  14. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @The Stranger Gabrelik made that badass vehicle! Everytime I think of it I want to thank you for sharing it with the rest of us :kaocry: :)
    Apr 16, 2018
    Gabrelik and The Stranger like this.
  15. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream Awwh! No need to thank me, I enjoy sharing with others. Besides, I didn't actually do anything beyond ask @Gabrelik to share it. :)
    Apr 16, 2018
  16. Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Should actually have the animated version done soon.
    Apr 16, 2018
  17. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    You'd be surprised how often I think about that vehicle :p
    Apr 16, 2018
    Gabrelik likes this.