RPG Maker Forums

Gabrelik
Gabrelik
Was working with an artist who just stopped communicating for a month. No particular reason for this, apparently. She is now irritated that I decided to move forward with someone else over something so "trivial".
Alexander Hawksmoor
Alexander Hawksmoor
Communication is key in any relationship, if you don't communicate, don't expect people to wait round, we have lives to live.
Gabrelik
Gabrelik
Essentially, yes. As a person who also does commissions, I found it entirely unprofessional. Is what it is. Plue is now working on the portraits and I really think the style is so much better suited to the aesthetic Moiety will feature. I think it will work out quite well.
Alexander Hawksmoor
Alexander Hawksmoor
That's awesome. And yes, if you're not going to be around for a period of time, at least let your clients know before hand. I've just recently cut off an artist as they were just plain lazy and never communicated. They havent been in touch in 2 months so I'm cutting my losses and moving on.
Gabrelik
Gabrelik
All you can do. Live and learn, and then, get Luvs.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Met many an artist who did a similar thing to me. If I wasn't pestering them every other day, they'd just fade into oblivion and stopped working on whatever I asked them to work on. Hope it works out for you in the end. :)
starlight dream
starlight dream
Was it the artist who did your busts? That's unfortunate to waste time and having to restart with someone else :(
Now why they fall off the face of the Earth? There must be an alien spaceship that collects the runaway artists!
It happens way too often.
Alexander Hawksmoor
Alexander Hawksmoor
If you find the alien let me know (readies shotgun)
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream It gets expensive very quickly when you have to keep having the same few characters redrawn by different artists. xD I understand that these people are mostly freelancers who take on commissions as a sort of hobby, but knowing that doesn't make being taken for a ride any less bloody annoying.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Alexander Hawksmoor Lets daydream it's an alien crew of executioners :p

@The Stranger Some of them act like they're pros though & like they're capable. It's unfair that they don't assess their capacities better. I haven't commissioned anything yet (for $) but all these stories are making me nervous xd
The Stranger
The Stranger
@starlight dream Becoming overwhelmed is probably a fairly common reason for why they simply disappear into thin air. You're right, though, they should know their limits before accepting work and taking payment. There have been a few reliable people I've worked with on here, but they've mostly been musicians. Maybe I've just been working with the wrong people.
Gabrelik
Gabrelik
It's really one of those things where everything needs to be sorted up front. Even starting to consider only contracts.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@The Stranger Gabrelik made that badass vehicle! Everytime I think of it I want to thank you for sharing it with the rest of us :kaocry: :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz