RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Legalize only exists to justify the legal profession, if laws were interpreted into layman's terms than your average person wouldn't need to pay a lawyer 1000s for mundane inquiries, and judges would have a much harder time legislating from the bench. It exists to obfuscate, and to control. It's only real purpose is to support elitism by making wealth the primary factor in determining 'justice'.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Not to say it is always designed that way, but legislators usually believe that if they aren't writing new laws they aren't doing their jobs. When you combine that with the fact that the wealthiest of society will naturally lobby for their own interests with their wealth it becomes inevitable that all rules of law will eventually become a means through which the wealthy retain power over those who aren't.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yeah, can't help but think that it tries to be as complex and convoluted as possible so to catch people out. Bonus points also for using overly verbose sentences with a lot of repetition and self-reference, so that people are less likely to actually read the whole thing.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Matseb2611 it's not really that they are written as convoluted as possible but that legislators are constantly adding new laws, often without regard for the laws they contradict, both still being laws. So you end up in situations where no matter how the judge rules there is a legal precedent supporting it, and your case boils down to your lawyer's ability to find the applicable laws for a favorable ruling.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm