Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    That is genius. Pow!
    :D
    Apr 24, 2018
  2. ??????
    ??????
    I have made many many systems from my favorite games. All it takes it dedication to the learning! :)
    Apr 24, 2018
  3. taarna23
    taarna23
    (or should)
    Apr 24, 2018
  4. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    The primary point of this is that sometimes games can get away with stuff you can't. An example: Just because Dragon Quest VII can get away with having a stupidly long prologue with no gameplay, doesn't mean you can.

Dragon Quest has built up enough clout that it can get away with making people play an hour or two before getting to your first combat. You haven't.
    Apr 24, 2018
  5. ??????
    ??????
    Yea, I suck at like, game plot... lol :D
    Apr 24, 2018
  6. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I don't know that I fully agree that Dragon Quest can get away with it just because "it's Dragon Quest" I feel it's more that DQ has a humorous story that you actually enjoy going through, because if it didn't I would not give it a pass for a boring prologue just off it's namesake.
    Still the blog idea has a point. Ppl dont need to try and dev like theyre a triple A studio with a paygrade and tons of devs on a team.
    Apr 24, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  7. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Trust me the first time I played DQVII, the only thing that got me through the prologue was trusting the designers, and I'm not going to trust the designers of a game if I don't have a history with the either the designer himself or the series itself. (In the 3ds remake, they thankfully shortened the prologue, its still longer than it should be though).
    Apr 24, 2018
  8. IguanaGuy
    IguanaGuy
    I agree with your title statement. You really have to have a loyal following before you pull stunts in your game. I think about how Chrono Trigger kills off main character 3/4 way through. Well... they built up to that by giving a good game to that point and later you get him back again through the use of the "Chrono Trigger"
    Apr 24, 2018
  9. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Oh it's about trust. Okay yes I agree with that. I thought the implication was "Good series can have bad segments and we'll forgive them" not "You power through a bad segment because the series has a history of being good"
    Apr 24, 2018
  10. trouble time
    trouble time
    DEW IT!
    Apr 24, 2018
    Marquise* and starlight dream like this.
  11. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Awwww
    Apr 25, 2018