Comments on Profile Post by Tribos

1. Andar
    Andar
    1) only if you own both MV and Ace as they include Ace-edits.
    2) no edit ever becomes original artwork, you create a shared copyright instead.
    3) better ask this in the forum, there are already dozens of detailed discussions about copyright
    Apr 25, 2018
  2. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    Basically, if you edit a tile so much that the original artist can't tell which tile it was, then it would probably become original artwork.

But that's just my opinion. That is what a lot of artists say, though.
    Apr 25, 2018
  3. Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - that sounds like you're saying "if you edit it so much that you can hide from the original artist that it's their tile, then you can get away with it" and would be typical of the opinions people have when they want to "get away with it". In every thread here where this question is asked, the mods and artists always answer that it is NEVER your tile.
    Apr 25, 2018
  4. Shaz
    Shaz
    Also raises the question that if you're going to edit it so much that it's no longer recognizable, why are you editing it in the first place instead of starting from scratch?
    Apr 25, 2018
  5. Nightblade50
    Nightblade50
    @Shaz That's not what I meant. I was talking about you showing the edited tile to the artist and then they don't recognize it. If so it becomes original.
    I don't know why edit it that much. Just use the tile as a template/base, I suppose.
    I wouldn't do it.
    Apr 25, 2018