Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. djDarkX
    djDarkX
    Very true. It's what I liked about Final Fantasy VII. The bad thing about it is that characters are basically cookie cutter so they lose that bit of charm.
    Apr 29, 2018
  2. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    I felt 3 for the SNES was superior, the characters had their own thing.. Well GOGO had everyone's thing, which made Gogo, their own thing.. > _ > SwrdTch/Blitz/Tools? K. As well as each being able to learn spells. Ultimately I may have been that 1 person that taught everybody everything almost every time I played the game. Lot of time spent on that game.
    Apr 29, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Big fan of being able to customise characters how I want. Nothing worse than encountering a cool party member, only to be disappointed by their class\skills.
    Apr 29, 2018
  4. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I was talking more about the fact that all the customization was in equipment basically. You could make your character a badass countergod, then repurpose him for summoning, then turn him into a healer. Etc.

I do like unique skills though. I think a combination of the unique skills from VI with a system like the materia system from VII would be awesome.
    Apr 29, 2018
    starlight dream and djDarkX like this.
  5. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Oh yeah, if you're going to go all out, a mish mash between those 2 would be pretty cool. I don't know if it's my nostalgia for good 16 bit pixel art and the youth experience, but FF3 SNES was probably my favorite snes rpg. The music to me was more memorable also.
    Apr 29, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  6. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I actually prefer FFV (which we didn't get) to VI(US 3). Also, I'd take Dragon Quest V & Chrono Trigger over FFVI.

Expand it to the entire gen, and I also prefer Shining Force II and Phantasy Star IV.
    Apr 29, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  7. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I agree with The Stranger that it's fun to build up a character the way we want. But I prefer those changes to be permanent instead of entirely changing their abilities at will.
    The FFVII Materia system was good and I loved the spheres of FFX2 (those 2 FF games kept the fighting aspect interesting & strategical even in advanced levels).
    Apr 29, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.