Comments on Profile Post by Chaos Avian

1. Evan G.
    Evan G.
    Hmm... aside from the fact that I generally never like title screens with articulate people in them (the title should represent the story as a whole, not just the characters), you're heads are a little big, and there's not much variation in facial structures here. All of the women/men could conceivably be the same person with different hair and clothing. Also, everybody is facing left, which isn't a very strong composition for a title screen. Vary the poses a bit more. Other than...
    Dec 8, 2012
  2. Evan G.
    Evan G.
    those points of concern, you do have a strong knowledge of how clothing and fabric work, and your hair looks good, too. So, ultimately, it's a good piece, but it's probably not suitable for a title screen and you need to include more face/body types in the character designs.
    Dec 8, 2012
  3. Evan G.
    Evan G.
    Oh. Also, I can't read the title. It looks like "Ark of Deoxy Hy" or "Ask of Deory Hr," but I can't immediately recognize what I'm looking at, and that is a problem.
    Dec 8, 2012
  4. Des
    Des
    Test is unreadable.

Characters all have the same face.

Bottom middle-left has a really awkward neck.

Dude in the middle has goofy 80s hair.
    Dec 8, 2012
  5. Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Thanks for the feedback, it's actually been too long since I've had criticism this constructive, I really appreciate it. The point about about the facial structures was especially helpful. All the characters all have very different backgrounds and origins so diversity is important. Plus the heads, hehe... Oh boy the heads xD

And as a title screen it does seem off thinking about it.
    Dec 8, 2012
  6. Evan G.
    Evan G.
    You're welcome! I'll be honest, for a moment, I thought it was a photograph of two parents and their son (far left) and four daughters.
    Dec 8, 2012
  7. Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    Dang, I really need to fix up on my diversity then! I guess the image is more of a splash shot showcasing the main characters rather than a title screen thinking about it.

About the name, it's pronounced like the Pokemon Deoxyz. So the 'H' is silent, I know it's a bit weird.
    Dec 8, 2012
  8. Chaos Avian
    Chaos Avian
    That font definitely needs to change though, it doesn't even look like a 'z'.
    Dec 8, 2012
  9. Robin
    Robin
    So the title is Ark of Deoxyhz? Even if we could read it, it isn't a good title. It's really not clear how you would pronounce it.
    Dec 8, 2012