RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
What is that? Crazy title. xD
GuanyuMaker
GuanyuMaker
Its a new Sprited Square Enix RPG. I suspect it is some kind of spiritual successor of old saga games. You have 8 characters/stories to play.( thats the reason for the name )
The Stranger
The Stranger
Is Square trying to make amends for all of the recent, crappy FF games they've put out there?
GuanyuMaker
GuanyuMaker
Dont know. What seems to me is that It has some love for nintendo. Even the crappy remakes are done better for nintendo consoles. Search for a video of it. That "2d-hd" really looks nice =)
Archeia
Archeia
The writing honestly seems lame and the inconsistent proportions of the environment and characters are honestly bothering me
The Stranger
The Stranger
Archeia
Archeia
GuanyuMaker
GuanyuMaker
Am I the only who loves It? lol . Honestly I like it more than fully sprited or 3d models in the style of secret of mana remake or bravely default. The thing that annoys me is the Combat animations that lacks some key frames or dont have any at all sometimes =X
The Stranger
The Stranger
It reminds me of RPG Maker games which use a mix of random art styles. xD
Archeia
Archeia
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Archeia That game looks fantastic! They're the devs who also made Stardew Valley, right?
Archeia
Archeia
Nope. Pixpil. Chucklefish is just a publisher.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shin092