Comments on Profile Post by DianteC

1. Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    Agreed! People are so quick to be nasty about other people's projects and fail to realize that for a lot of us, this is all for fun.
    May 7, 2018
    Guiguimu, bgillisp and DianteC like this.
  2. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yes, co-operation can be a lot more helpful than petty rivalry.
    May 7, 2018
    Guiguimu and DianteC like this.
  3. DianteC
    DianteC
    Support is the way to go!
    May 7, 2018
    Guiguimu and Matseb2611 like this.
  4. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It can do a lot more than we realise. If you're a member of some group or movement, you ideally want other members of this group/movement to do well too. For example, we're all RM game devs, so you'd want other devs to make nice RM games too, so that RM games can have a good reputation in the gamer community.
    May 8, 2018
    Guiguimu, DianteC and pandadodod like this.
  5. DianteC
    DianteC
    To build on that, you'd want to be able to ask questions that they may answer or even collaborate on a game at some point.
    May 8, 2018
    Matseb2611 and Guiguimu like this.
  6. Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    That's the spirit! Most of the people I know around here are really supportive, but I would like to see that type of support more around the community. We should all stick together to improve together, and like Matseb2611 said, we need to improve the opinion related to RM games by helping each other!
    May 8, 2018
  7. DianteC
    DianteC
    I completely agree. That's why I started the Pixel art challenge to make it a community thing. SO all aspiring artist can seek to improve.
    May 8, 2018
    Guiguimu likes this.
  8. Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    I'm going to take a look! ^^
    May 8, 2018
    DianteC likes this.
  9. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It can be tempting to compete and put others down for one's own benefit (that's the most basic natural instinct), but it can only get you so far. If every single ant fended only for itself and even stole resources from other ants, would the colony be able to achieve as much as it achieves by working together? In nature, some of the most successful species are very co-operative.
    May 8, 2018
    Vincent Chu, DianteC and Guiguimu like this.
  10. Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    May 8, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  11. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Thanks. :) You know, we can see this in every aspect of life, even in our very own society and culture. Let's say you love making horror games. It will then be in your best interests that other devs who make horror games also do a good job, because when someone plays their game and enjoys it, they'll want more of the same, and guess whose game they might just find? :p
    May 8, 2018