Comments on Profile Post by DianteC

1. cabfe
    cabfe
    I'm not fond of competition in general, but why would someone try that when game making is a hobby? It's for the sport!
    May 11, 2018
    Matseb2611 and DianteC like this.
  2. DianteC
    DianteC
    I guess some people just enjoy being mean
    May 11, 2018
  3. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Agreeableness personality trait. People high on agreeableness prefer to co-operate, whereas people low on agreeableness like to compete and dominate. ;)

Btw, didn't you have a similar status like a week ago?
    May 11, 2018
    Marsigne, DianteC and cabfe like this.
  4. DianteC
    DianteC
    Yes, but I like to just bring it up again here and there.
    May 11, 2018
    starlight dream and Matseb2611 like this.
  5. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    Competition inspires improvement. Nothing gets you wanting to improve better than a heated (friendly) rivalry.
    May 11, 2018
    starlight dream and DianteC like this.
  6. DianteC
    DianteC
    As long as it's a friendly one :), Also @The Mighty Palm you gave me an idea for a future challenge.
    May 12, 2018
  7. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Both ways can work, given the right circumstances. But people all differ. Some are very unsuited for heated competitions because they're highly agreeable and don't like to step on others' toes, others are unsuited for co-operation because they are low in agreeableness and won't budge at all to meet someone halfway.
    May 12, 2018
    DianteC likes this.
  8. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Personally, I am about roughly just above average in agreeableness (~ 60-65%) from the tests I took, so I know I prefer to co-operate more but not to the point where I love group work. I really don't get on with highly disagreeable people. I often find them to be too aggressive and domineering and therefore prefer to avoid them if possible, since confrontations is what they love.
    May 12, 2018
    DianteC likes this.
  9. DianteC
    DianteC
    I can understand that, I do have my share of agreeableness but I also tend to be stubborn on certain things. Although I am all about supporting one another, I am not against facing the heat of competition. But even within that competition I would put my competitors down.
    May 12, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  10. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Some people get a lot of satisfaction from competitions. I personally don't. Even if I win, I still know I snatched it away from someone else, and most times that doesn't feel good. And if the other person is a friend or family member, well, things are gonna get awkward. :p
    May 12, 2018
    DianteC likes this.
  11. DianteC
    DianteC
    Oh yea, I know how that can be. There is no real sense of victory when someone who has put in an equal amount of work leaves with nothing. It makes them feel as if they wasted their time.
    May 12, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.
  12. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah exactly. That's actually a trait of an agreeable person - being concerned that someone else is leaving with nothing (or even guilty). Disagreeable people don't tend to lose sleep over things like that. To them it's just a fact of life. Lol.
    May 12, 2018
    DianteC likes this.
  13. DianteC
    DianteC
    Oh yea, that "The Strongest survive and the weakest linger" BS
    May 12, 2018
    Matseb2611 likes this.