RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Is ffx that grindy? I don't remember having to grind much at all, but then maybe I was super lucky or something. X-2 on the other hand, that machine monster at the end was a pain, I never beat it because I lose patience with games when I have to grind for long periods too.
cabfe
cabfe
The cutscene is still running since my last comment. That's how long it is to wait between tries. Stupid.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@cabfe Yeah, the pre-battle cutscene, in which Tidus whines at his dad, goes on for too long. The music for that fight is pretty good though.
cabfe
cabfe
LOL, I can't even win with cheats!
The Stranger
The Stranger
LOL! Those sound like some weak cheats. xD
cabfe
cabfe
I used the integrated cheats to unlock items and skills, but maybe I relied on them too much. They're not that much more powerful. I still have to be careful. Waiting for the cutscene to end to try again...
The Stranger
The Stranger
@cabfe Okay, I just looked up tips for dealing with that boss. Appaently, you can inflict the zombie status on him, causing restorative items and skills to cause him damage. Other tips include: using auto-life, not healing your party, and using aeons to block damage.
cabfe
cabfe
I'm cheating and am using 2 ultima for each member. Let's see if he continues laughing! (and even then, I might die after a big strike, but the max healing items will help getting up)
cabfe
cabfe
Even faster: throwing 100,000 gils to deal 9,999 damage.
The Stranger
The Stranger
LOL! I guess throwing money at the problem actually helped for once. xD
cabfe
cabfe
And... done :D Which reminds me that you game makers should remember to add a "save" option right after a hard fight. Having a cutscene as a reward is nice, but the stress of encountering a bug or anything that might force to redo the fight is a bit too much to handle sometimes.
cabfe
cabfe
Well, FF10 is over after a bit more than 50 hours. The last boss requiring grinding was a mistake but the rest of the game was nice. But why did the translation change the words? The Japanese voices used more subtle words and felt better. I'm lucky to understand it.
cabfe
cabfe
An easy one even for non-speakers is when Yuna says "Thank you" and it's translated as "I love you". Come on. Wasn't it obvious enough that she conveyed her feelings with those last words?
The Stranger
The Stranger
Probably just a very basic translation.
bgillisp
bgillisp
There's actually a nice way to earn levels quickly in the game though. You have to get an item which gives you AP every time you take damage, then just go to the Monster Arena and fight Jumbo Cactaur. All those 99999 damages it does to one person gives you sphere levels so fast you'll have Riku doing 9999 damage with attack in under 2 hours.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Virtually all FF games go crazy with their final bosses. There's a noticeable pattern. First, the final area in itself has at least one other hard boss and sometimes umm... 4 or 5 (looking at you FFIX). Then when you get to the final boss, they're a huge difficulty spike. Then they have another form, which is even harder. And sometimes it's 3 final boss fights in a row (again, looking at you FFIX).
bgillisp
bgillisp
@Matseb2611 : That is true. I still remember FF3's final boss (the true FF3, not FF3 as it was here in USA), that stupid cloud of darkness was so tough compared to everything else I had to grind 20 more levels just to beat it.
cabfe
cabfe
@Matseb2611 When I read your last comment about FF9 and when I remember its combat, I'm glad I quit :D
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
FF9 literally has 8 boss fights within the final area. No joke. One upon entering it, then 4 elemental bosses throughout it, and lastly 3 final bosses in a row one after another. :p

I've never played FF3, but that experience sounds very similar to most other FF experiences with final bosses.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I quite like FF6's take on the final bosses though. Without giving away spoilers, it was nice that it was a continuous fight consisting of 3 separate fights in one go and you got to use all of your party members by prioritising the order in which they enter the fight.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This just in: RPGMaker 10 announced. We are pleased to release an engine that takes full advantage of the WIndows 10 platform. Also will have cross platform to TI calculators, Atari, the Ouya, and your toaster!
Posted a game thread. Then accidentally pressed x. Then found out rmweb saves drafts :D all is good
I also enjoy using the new RPG Maker 2.0 Beta
April Fools!
I have a character named "Corona". Her name are supposed to refer to sun light / aura. I guess I couldn't use that name anymore. Any suggestion?
Wow RPG Maker MV 2 is really good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarPrint