Comments on Profile Post by Snow White

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I do! I do! I'm using a fair amount of it in my game's lore. I've also jotted down some ideas for an Arthurian themed game for when I'm done with my current project. I have twisted the Arthurian legend quite a bit, though.
    May 15, 2018
  2. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    The character of my games is "Arty", which is short for Arthur (originally his name was Uther). and Golden Pearl is kinda like a quest for the Holy Grail/Ark of the Covenant type thing.
    So yeah a little.
    May 15, 2018
  3. Gamefall Team
    Gamefall Team
    Me too! I like a lot Arthurian legend and the related knights stories. In the future I'd like to inspire me on creating something based on this. I really like the episode of Mordred and the Battle of Camlann.
    May 15, 2018
  4. Snow White
    Snow White
    Yay, I'm not alone! :D (I was wondering if anyone was/would be using it in a game :))

@The Stranger Oooh, I now want to know how you've changed it :D

@The Mighty Palm That sounds cool! :)
    (I suppose Arthur has a more heroic connotation than Uther :))

@Gamefall Team I actually quite like Mordred in in general :)
    I think it's an interesting ending to the legends, fulfilling yet slightly depressing . . .
    May 15, 2018
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White Mostly adapted it to a dystopian steampunk (Cybersteam xD) setting, done some role reversals, and a few other things. So, while certain themes and Arthurian story elements remain, a lot of the other stuff has been twisted or outright replaced.
    May 15, 2018
  6. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Yes, love those legends forever. I like Morgan le Fey in particular. Never thought of using them in a game and now I wonder WHY??? :)
    May 15, 2018
  7. JtheDuelist
    JtheDuelist
    Well, I have one of the four characters in the Mythology Event in my "Downfall FES Legends" in gear based off of King Arthur, so you aren't alone...
    May 16, 2018
  8. Snow White
    Snow White
    Ok, now I'm wondering if any of you listen to Heather Dale too? :D

(If you haven't heard it before, I should warn you this song is rather cheesy :p)
    May 16, 2018
    starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  9. Snow White
    Snow White
    @starlight dream And I always feel I bit sorry for Morgan le Fey, mainly because people pin a lot of the bad things Morgause did on her! Which is just unfair! >:(
    I like Morgan, she's many layered and a bit mysterious, the same reasons I like Bedivere actually, or what we have of his character, I'm sad he was sidelined in the later stories, I think they could have gone to town with him :D
    May 16, 2018
  10. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White No, but thanks for introducing me to her. :p I do enjoy listening to Avalon by Enaid, though:
    May 16, 2018
    starlight dream and Snow White like this.
  11. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White The roles of Morgan, Morgause, and Viviane are often changed depending on which version of these stories you're reading. Some characters stay the same, for the most part, but those women don't seem to have a clear role through the many different versions of these stories. In some stories she's the Lady of the Lake, in others she's not.
    May 16, 2018
  12. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White Is it pretentious of me to have compared certain events in my life to the relationship between Merlin and Viviane? Well, certain versions of that story. Being charmed by a beautiful woman, telling her your secrets, then being led astray and trapped by her; removed from your old life because you were blinded by love. xD
    May 16, 2018
  13. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger Sometimes Morgause is named "Anna" too, but is the same character apart from that! XD
    But I meant specifically Morgause' role as the mother of Mordred and that whole fiasco is often pinned on Morgan by modern authors, which wasn't really done in the old legends . . .
    Also, the fact the "real Arthurian legends" were written by many people over hundreds of years makes them very confusing at times XD
    May 16, 2018
  14. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger And maybe a little pretentious, but still also sweet :wub (Hopefully the version you're thinking of isn't the one where Merlin gets turned into a tree in the end though . . . 'cause that would be unfortunate for you ;))
    May 16, 2018
  15. Snow White
    Snow White
    Also, you'll love Heather Dale, she wrote a whole 10 minute number about Tristan and Isolt :D

And I hadn't heard Avalon before, where do you keep finding all this lovely music? :)
    May 16, 2018
  16. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White The most common source people use for her is Le Morte d'Arthur, though the legend is older than that. I think she's blamed due to the whole incestuous relationship she had with Arthur. In another version the incest doesn't really matter. Instead, importance is placed upon the fact that Mordred was born on May-Day, thus triggering Merlin's prophecy of the fall of the kingdom.
    May 16, 2018
  17. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White No idea where I find new music. Some of it was introduced to me by other people, others I just stumbled upon. xD Thanks for sharing more Heather Dale. :) I also enjoy Merlin - Requiem by Freedom Call:
    May 16, 2018
  18. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White It doesn't seem to end too well for Merlin in any of these stories. In one he's turned into, or trapped within, a tree. In another he's led into a cave and sealed within, sleeping for all time. Rather than physically being trapped in something, I was trapped within a city I hated, didn't have the money to return home, was homeless, then developed several nasty mental illnesses. :p
    May 16, 2018
  19. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger Man, that sounds rough :( (But at least you're not sealed in a tree! :D)
    Also, that Merlin song! XD It's awesome! It's like it was written about John Boorman's Excalibur or something!! :)
    May 16, 2018
  20. Snow White
    Snow White
    And I remember the May-Day baby story! REALLY ARTHUR??!! >:(
    Also I think in some stories Morgause didn't have an incestuous relationship with Arthur, and Mordred was just his nephew, because family trees are changeable in Arthurian Legend XD (I bet Mordred was one heck of an older brother though, poor Gawain! :p)
    May 16, 2018
  21. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White LOL! That is a good thing. I'd be very bored inside a tree. xD There's another version of that song called Merlin-Legend of the Past, which is more metal than Requiem; it also has slightly different lyrics.
    May 16, 2018
    Snow White and starlight dream like this.
  22. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White Ha-Ha! You mean when Arthur went all King Herod and had a bunch of babies killed? :p Yeah, suddenly he doesn't sound like such a noble king anymore. In certain stories, Mordred is portrayed as corrupt and evil, while in others he's simply a man of ambition. Also, gotta love how Galahad basically becomes Jesus by the end of his story.
    May 16, 2018
  23. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Snow White Yeah, modern authors and films like making Morgan the main villain perhaps because it's more exciting to have this beautiful woman as an ultimate nemesis. Femme Fatale and all that.

I'm such a big fan of Freedom Call<3

I also like Sir Ywain the knight who had the lion buddy?
    May 16, 2018
    Snow White and The Stranger like this.
  24. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @The Stranger I hope your next relationship will cast you into a different role than Merlin, in one that plays out more sweetly. I wonder though if you were to become a tree which one would you prefer?;)
    May 16, 2018
  25. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream Given the choice, I'd be a yew. The yew was once a symbol of death and rebirth; a belief shared by both the Christians and pagans of the past. It was planted in many churchyards throughout Britain because, for many people, it was a symbol of Christ. Eventually, it was forgotten as a symbol of rebirth, and became the tree of death; areas under heavy yew shade were shunned because of this.
    May 16, 2018
  26. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Yews are also extremely long lived, with one yew in Scotland being thousands of years old.
    May 16, 2018
  27. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    You picked a pretty one. I'm sure lots of sparrows like to hang out in those fluffy green trees ^^
    Interesting lore too, thanks for the lesson :)
    May 16, 2018
  28. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    We can't forget the sparrows, they're the most important part. :p
    May 16, 2018
  29. starlight dream
  30. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That bird looks so pissed off. xD
    May 16, 2018
  31. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I know, he looks homicidal lol
    May 16, 2018
  32. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger Cool! I'll have to look up the other version of the song later :)

@starlight dream As opposed to having the beautiful man Mordred as the ultimate nemesis :p
    And isn't Ywain Morgan's actual son in the old legends? :) (Best family ever! :D)

I also like Sir Dinadan, but it's hard to dislike Dinadan :)
    May 16, 2018
  33. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White He was. Ywain was also based on a real 6th century king named Owain. A lot of these characters seem to be only loosely connected to Arthur through knighthood. Lancelot ends up being an enemy of Arthur after bedding his wife for a while, then kidnapping her. He never actually lost against Arthur in any of the battles they fought either. He's the British version of Lu Bu. :p
    May 16, 2018
  34. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger Yeah, and he was the son of Urien too, wasn't he? :)
    I remember reading his (Arthurian) story a while back :)

And Lancelot only got Guinevere in the stories Mordred didn't :p
    May 16, 2018
  35. Snow White
    Snow White
    Oh, and I forgot to mention this song yesterday, it's technically about Morgause, but hey, it's catchy :D (Plus, I like the way he says "Guinevere" ;))
    May 16, 2018
  36. Snow White
    Snow White
    And I'd like to know how @starlight dream found that photo of the bird version of Soren :p
    May 16, 2018
  37. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White I think so. His name was something along the lines of Owain son of\of Urien, but I think the son of\of part was in Welsh. Does he make an appearance in later Arthurian stories? I really can't remember.

Ha-Ha! That he does. :p Mordred chases Guinevere around the Tower of London, though. Whenever I think of that, I imagine a Scooby-Doo chase scene. xD
    May 16, 2018
  38. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White Oh, and thanks for sharing another awesome song. :) Arthurian legend, much like Northern European folklore, is perfect for music and songs. I wonder if other cultures have modern music inspired by their own folklore? Chinese metal inspired by Chinese folklore and mythology. Never heard of it, but it has to exist.
    May 16, 2018
  39. The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    @Snow White The name Im most proud of is Arty's love interest Princess Ann Vivian. Both for being Anna (another name of Morgause) and Vivienne while also being an amphibian pun since shes been turned into a frog
    May 16, 2018
  40. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Snow White hahaha Soren transformed into a bird!! :o

@The Stranger I know there's tons of modern music based on norse mythology which I particularly love listening to, I've also listened to Celtic legends, greek mythology songs, and lots of French too. Gotta find some links.
    Even if Soren will dislike anything I post^^.
    May 17, 2018
  41. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @starlight dream Yeah, there's plenty of Celtic, Northern European, Greek\Roman, etc. I know Therion has music inspired by the ancient peoples of: Canaan, Phoenicia, Sumer, and others.
    May 17, 2018
  42. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Therion has written songs on many legends. I recall Lemuria too.
    May 17, 2018
  43. Snow White
    Snow White
    Amberian Dawn wrote a metal song about the Egyptian goddess Sekhmet :) (And yes I am bringing it back 'round to ancient Egypt again, it's my super power :p)
    May 18, 2018
  44. Snow White
    Snow White
    And one more Arthurian song! :D (I'd forgotten just how many of these I'd found over the years XD)

Still haven't found any cool songs about Galahad though :(

@The Stranger PS. I've listened to Merlin - Legend of the Past, it's awesome!! :D
    May 18, 2018
  45. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Snow White I'm glad you liked it. :) Thanks for sharing even more awesome music. Have you ever heard of a band called Nox Arcana? They do lots of nice, themed music.
    May 18, 2018
  46. Snow White
    Snow White
    @The Stranger I'm glad you like the music :)
    And I hadn't heard of them before! I'll have to go look them up! :D
    May 18, 2018
  47. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Freedom Call also has a Pharaoh song that I wuv^^

You may also like Kamelot's "The Shadow of Uther"

And their Once And Future King song

Kamelot is a UK-based band if I recall well.
    ps::: Power Metal FTW!:D
    May 18, 2018
    Snow White likes this.