RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
I generally isolate myself and try to engage in activities which I enjoy, but which don't require too much effort or concentration, since I can't focus on my bad days. If that doesn't work, I lock myself away and just exist until it passes. Being around others has never been helpful for me.
Rhino
Rhino
@Aoi Ninami I'm sorry to hear that. There's a lot of general suggestions online like take a bath or go for a walk, but mostly it's how you feel. Giving yourself permission to do absolutely nothing is enough sometimes, you can zone out on an old favourite movie or something. Sending love :)
Rhino
Rhino
@SpaceBot Spring cleaning is good for the soul~ Although I'm not too fussed about mess, it's nice to declutter and it feels like it's just productive to get things organised! Haha, perhaps I'm due another session...

@The Stranger Yeah, trying to force your mood to change normally does more harm than anything useful. The good thing is knowing that it'll always pass, eventually. ^^
Amysaurus
Amysaurus
I throw on some headphones and either bake, draw, or take a walk =)
Iliketea
Iliketea
Well, a hot shower always works for me! Or I cuddle my little sister. Listening to classical music works too, but you have to pick the right ones. I can recommend the piano study playlist from spotify
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Rhino Sometimes those dark days feel as if they stretch on for an eternity. It has an effect on you even when it seems like it has gone away.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Rhino I try to hide what's going on inside with a fake smile, or by posting random ****e on here, but it doesn't change anything. If I'm being honest here, wearing this mask might have made it harder for me to get the help I need. But we can't expose our weakness too often, for there are many wolves out there who'd take advantage of it. Sorry for being so glum.
fimamati
fimamati
Eat some fruit and surround myself with nature. Analyze the bugs:cutesmile:.
walk up on some working bumble beeso_O.
starlight dream
starlight dream
It depends on the severity of the low mood. If it isn't too bad I draw or do something creative.. or visit RMW.. or have something chocolatey.. I look outside and watch the trees grow.. or read Agatha Christie (it gives me a mental wake-up).. and a warm shower usually can help.
If it's severe I either sleep, watch something funny, or pray.
starlight dream
starlight dream
But I can't cope without meds. I know it's not for everyone but if you try and can't feel better, it can help to talk to a doctor. And although therapy isn't a "fix" it has taught me some helpful tactics. It helps me to talk to my therapist about my issues because I have no one else to talk to about them.^^
Rhino
Rhino
@The Stranger Being down isn’t a weakness, it happens to everyone. If it’s particularly intense or lasts for a long time, you might be looking at more of a depression. Unfortunately it’s much more common than you might think, but that means you don’t have to struggle through it alone. Finding someone you can trust to talk to might be a good start. :)
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Rhino It's depression, and I've had it for most of my life. It's made worse by the Borderline Personality Disorder and psychosis. I personally see these things as a weakness. They feel like flaws, and make me feel broken. Unfortunately, finding someone to talk with I can trust is a big problem. Currently having therapy, but I'm not sure I trust the therapists to help me at all.
Iliketea
Iliketea
@The Stranger Its the same for me. I have nearly zero trust in therapists since I had to go to one when I was a kid and that guy didnt noticed that a 8 year old girl was lying to him all the time and he declared me has "healed" without anything having changed. However when 2 years ago thinks started to get... worse I went to a mental hospital for some time. That really helped me.
Iliketea
Iliketea
And I managed to find a therapist that I feel like I can trust. Having a therapist you cant trust is the same as having non at all. Search for a new one till you find one you are ok with.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Iliketea Ha-Ha! I had a similar experience as a kid. I was forced to see psychiatric professionals in high school because of all the self-harm I was doing. The psychiatrist diagnosed me with some random problem (pretty sure it was Autism), and put me on medication which basically turned me into a zombie.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Iliketea Later found out, while under section at a psychiatric hospital, that it was a nonsense diagnosis. I think she just wanted to get rid of me. I'm glad you managed to find the help you needed, though. :)
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Iliketea I'm not sure if I can't trust them because they're untrustworthy, or because I don't trust anyone. I try to mask a lot, if not all, of my emotions and thoughts, but I genuinely don't have anyone I trust. I've been more open about who I am and what I think and feel over the last year or so, though. But, I'm open about these things with everyone, and it's not because I trust others.
Blackyu
Blackyu
Well, everyone has problems, so this glum turn was expected. I, for example, suffer from something I call "Lucid Depression" : That part of your life when you understand too much about the world around you, and everything becomes futile and meaningless, yet other people do these absurd actions without questioning anything, sometimes even criticizing you for *not* doing them, and it gets frustrating pretty quick.
Blackyu
Blackyu
I also have a potentially dangerous lack of self-care. Basically Friends >>> Me. So, lack of self-esteem at times, not a single care given for myself and/or my well-being, and a strong tendency to refuse compliments.
Also I have insomnia and a pretty annoying lack of motivation but I won't get into those.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Blackyu I know what it's like to be unable to accept compliments. Not sure what it's like for you, but I don't, or can't, accept them because I believe others are doing it just to make me feel better, not because I'm actually worth complimenting. Do you get any help and support for your problems?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beru