Comments on Profile Post by Dirge

1. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I also sing...only if I were to post it no one would like or tolerate it (two of my three dogs will howl to drown me out whenever I sing).

Awesome metal cover of an already awesome song though, best take on it I've heard since 'The Devil Went Down to Jamaica' and honestly I'd say it's better than that. Loved the Devil's voice. Is there even an actual fiddle somewhere in there though?
    May 21, 2018
    starlight dream and SpaceBot like this.
  2. Dirge
    Dirge
    Omfg I need to go find that now. Thanks, man! Nope, this time I didn't do anything but guitars, bass and drums. My first cover of it like 6 years ago, I did play the fiddle as well, but mine is currently missing a string and I was impatient to do this version hahaha
    May 21, 2018
  3. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    Who doesn't love hearing dogs sing!?

Really good cover, you're very talented!
    May 21, 2018
  4. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    @SpaceBot Not gonna lie, they are better at it than I am.
    May 21, 2018
  5. SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    @Philosophus Vagus wish mine would sing with me. Girl won't make a peep when I try things to make her howl. She's chatty though.
    May 21, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  6. Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    This is pretty cool. You have talents in both playing and singing.
    May 21, 2018
  7. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Gosh you're super good! Great cover and your voice has a really nice tone, mature and expressive.
    Are you doing the "death" vocals too or is it a voice effect?
    Amazing guitars. Is it on youtube? If not, put it! Heehehe :)

@Philosophus Vagus If the dogs are enjoying it, and joining in, it can't be that bad!:p
    May 21, 2018
  8. Dirge
    Dirge
    Thanks everyone! @starlight dream yeah, I'm legit better at growling and screaming than actual singing by a long shot lol. This is the first clean singing I've ever recorded myself doing. The trickiest part was suppressing my accent. I'm Irish-Canadian so I have a really weird accent. The guitar tone is thanks to my Kemper Profiler, a Diezel VH4 head and a Mesa Boogie 2x12 cabinet.
    May 27, 2018
    SpaceBot and starlight dream like this.
  9. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I'm familiar enough with the accent that I wouldn't find it weird xD If this is your first clean singing recording, hopefully it'll motivate you to do more. The combo of clean vocals + growls is something I enjoy, usually.
    May 27, 2018
  10. Dirge
    Dirge
    I probably will do some more, at least combinations. I've just started a new band, and it'll involve a lot of that - I have two really talented female vocalists, as well as myself and another guy who can growl. Should be really cool! I'll definitely be posting stuff once we get writing.
    May 27, 2018
  11. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    That's great! Best of luck with the new band and looking forward to more music! ^^
    May 27, 2018
  12. Dirge
    Dirge
    Thanks!
    May 27, 2018