Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    BIG HUGS PANDA! I'm extremely happy that you're well!
    Can't find the right words, I'm in shock mode.
    But bestest recovery to you & MUCH LOVE! :kaoluv:
    You're such a wonderful person and I appreciate all our talks and all the bamboo you've shared with me.
    Sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way!!!..❤
    May 27, 2018
  2. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    YAY Panda! We love and miss you, meow. <3
    Please keep in touch. Saw the news in discord land. Hope everything turns out ok. Sorry you'll be in the recovery process for 1-2 weeks. Just being the hospital is draining with all the checks and such. Much love and peace, meow.
    May 27, 2018
  3. Guiguimu
    Guiguimu
    It's good that you're recovering and you can still move/speak normally, but I'm so sorry to know that happened to you! It's terrible...
    Wish you an even faster recovery and I also wish that you never suffer another stroke! Want you alive and well, buddy!
    May 27, 2018
  4. IguanaGuy
    IguanaGuy
    Ok, I didn't "like" this because I don't like it! No wonder I had not seen much from you in the past few days. Hope you are doing better now or at least soon. Buy your roommate some breath E-Z strips for his chainsaw nose.
    May 27, 2018
  5. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    How are you recovering? How much damage did the stroke cause? My nan, may she rest in peace, suffered three strokes in her life. She was able to return to her normal life after the first one, was hindered greatly by the second (memory loss, etc), and became nothing more than a baby after her third.
    May 27, 2018
  6. Shaz
    Shaz
    oh wow, that's scary! I'm glad you're okay and there are no lasting effects. My younger brother had a heart attack at 30! Take care of yourself - you don't want to be in that position again. And get someone to buy you some earplugs ;)
    May 27, 2018
  7. Vincent Chu
    Vincent Chu
    That's scary indeed. I wonder if I'll suddenly die from one in the near future. Get well soon.
    May 27, 2018
  8. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @starlight dream Thank you! I make sure to pull through so I can share bamboo with my friends again! Until then I collect your prayers and good vibes in a jar and take a sip whenever I feel down! :)
    May 27, 2018
  9. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Sauteed_Onion Yay! I’m thankfull for the support, I really am. There are a lot of checks and tests here but I’ll have to endure it to find out what the cause may be. Today I’m mostly lying/sitting in bed with a lot of electrical stuff connected to my chest and belly though as they monitor my heart to see if it had anything to do with the stroke. I’ll check by discord land now and then when possible :)
    May 27, 2018
  10. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    Yay. When I was in hospital I was so afraid I was gonna die meow, it was scary. I learned my appendix was blown out for months, and kept getting told I was fine and faking being sick I guess so I could scrape by on the little bit of $ the short term disability gave. It was like a very spiritual attack on me, and very upsetting.
    May 27, 2018
  11. Dalph
    Dalph
    Can be stress, a blod clot, anything or nothing, although at your age it's certainly not common. I'm glad to hear you're fine though, try to get your blood pressure checked in case. Best wishes for a fast and good recovery.
    May 27, 2018
  12. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Guiguimu Much thanks! I’ll change my diet and lifestyle in hopes I’ll avoid this ever happening again. But you never know... there are no guarantees since part of it is down to DNA and pure bad luck, and you can’t really control that. But I’ll do whatever’s possible to live a long healthy life Because this was a terrible experience. Your support helps motivate my recovery! :D
    May 27, 2018
  13. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @IguanaGuy Thank you! And yeah, I’ve been in the hospital since last Thursday afternoon! Got moved from HCU to the normal open floor yesterday so I guess that means I’m doing good enough for now. :)
    May 27, 2018
  14. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger I’m doing okay, Thank you. Slowly recovering I think. No lastning damage it seems but my left side might be a little weaker than my right. To early to know for sure what the aftermatch of the the stroke will be though. Sorry to hear about your Nana, same thing happened with my granddad (but he only survived 2 strokes). Pretty nasty stuff to have in your family. :(
    May 27, 2018
  15. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Thank you @Shaz ! I’ll take you up on your advise. Earplugs it is. And I’ll rethink my diet and lifestyle too. Probably no more RM:ing until late in the morning while eating chocolate. :( Also sorry to hear about your brother!
    May 27, 2018
  16. Shaz
    Shaz
    He's okay - got to the hospital as soon as he started feeling unwell and they took care of him. My doctor has had me on blood pressure tablets the last few years to reduce the risk of stroke as well. I am also going through the diet/lifestyle/exercise changes. Not easy to change something you've done your entire life. If you have family who depend on you, you've got to take it seriously.
    May 27, 2018
  17. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Vincent Chu I doubt you have to worry. Getting a stroke at 32 is surely very rare. But take care of your health though, don’t take it for granted! And thanks! :)
    May 27, 2018
  18. Vincent Chu
    Vincent Chu
    Thanks. I was worried it'd happen to me when I'm about 50-60 but after reading your post, I can't say for sure it won't happen to me any time soon considering I'm older than you and I'm up late every night and don't live healthily and have a family history of heart problems on both sides.
    May 27, 2018
  19. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Sauteed_Onion I couldn’t reach the ”unlock” Button on the intercom, so I was pretty scared when I crawled towards the elevator to try and reach the ambulance.Thought to myself ”I might just die like this, better text my wife”, so I did. I was also afraid to sleep the first night just in case I’d have another stroke while I was sleeping and nobody noticed. I feel pretty safe now though.
    May 27, 2018
  20. Shaz
    May 27, 2018
    Guiguimu and Parallax Panda like this.
  21. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    That being afraid to sleep business, I been there. Like being too tired to think and having serious bad head ache, then being like, I don't want to sleep cause I might not wake up.. > _ > Then some how, you fall asleep watching food network reruns of shows you never wanted to watch in the first place, and wake up to somebody asking if you feel ok, like 30 mins later, angry because they woke you up XD
    May 27, 2018
  22. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Dalph Stress I’ve got plenty of, but my blood pressure is checked 4-6 Times a day though and it seems fine so far. Thank you for your well wishes :)
    May 27, 2018
  23. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Shaz Good to hear, and true. Bad habits die hard. Who doesn’t want to munch chocolate chip cookies at 02:00 while watching youtube and idling in RM? Well, I’ll probably try to stop eating sweets alltogehter. Maybe not ”100% never again”, but ”98-99% almost never again”.
    May 27, 2018
  24. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Parallax Panda What you'll need for a while is rest which means lots of panda sleep!^^
    When you sleep your brain can work to heal the damage. You need to be patient with the recovery and don't hurry to strengthen any weakness. Take it easy. And don't worry about another stroke much, they are monitoring yu and they'll spot any sign quickly. Even when you sleep they're likely checking your vital signs & monitor you.
    May 27, 2018
  25. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    The good part is that being young, you have time ahead to recover fully. Plus if you needed to be on any meds and didn't know about it, at least now you'll be on them. And you'll manage your lifestyle and health better, according to your needs ^^b
    It's not your time yet sweetie, that's why you're still here! :kaoluv:
    May 27, 2018
  26. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    My father had two strokes a few months ago and despite being old and ill, he has recovered a lot of abilities although the doctors said he wouldn't.
    So be positive and patient <3 And perhaps include more onions in your diet soon :)
    *cuddles* and love!
    May 27, 2018
  27. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Vincent Chu I’m up late every night too and I too have an unhealthy lifestyle (diet, stress, lack of sleep, lack of exercise.. you name it, I got it). I guess I’m at the age where I can’t just excuse myself with ”nah! I’m still young, I’ll be fine” anymore. And if you’re older, then that probably goes for you too? Try to change what you can so you don’t end up like me (or worse). I’m rooting for you!
    May 27, 2018
  28. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Sauteed_Onion It’s pretty awful. Sorry you too had to go through that. I feel that eventually you need to learn to let go of the fear though. And I do feel safe now since I’m being monitorer 24/7, but, I wonder how I’ll feel about sleeping when I’m back home.? Especially sleeping alone when my wife works night. :(
    May 27, 2018
  29. Sauteed_Onion
    Sauteed_Onion
    You will be fine PP, I believe this will work out for you. You might have had an underlying condition that is being dealt with now, for some time. Before my appendix was found to be ruptured, they removed a massive polyp from me that resulted in other massive stuff going wrong. And I think I'm feeling physically better than I've felt in years. I sleep a little easier too. Meow.
    May 27, 2018
  30. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Parallax Panda Worrying about future sleep isn't useful to a little bear. You'll be fine, you'll find a relaxing sleep routine that'll work for you :) Some calming tea perhaps.
    There are warning signs to learn too, I'm sure you'll get all the necessary info once you leave the hospital. Remember that millions of people have been through it before and they are fine. And they all had the same worries you're having too!
    May 27, 2018
  31. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    @Vincent Chu This is helpful for all of us to think about our habits. As we get older, we shouldn't shrug over things like sleep deprivation, headaches and pains. A bit of self nurturing can go a long way.^^
    @Sauteed_Onion Sorry you've been through such a hard experience but I'm happy if you're feeling mewfully better now. :)
    May 27, 2018
  32. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Thanks everyone. I’ll try not to worry too much and stay positive. I’ll also be looking after my diet and sleep habits in the future.

I actually hate (fear) hospitals and medicine so all the support is really appreciated! :)
    May 28, 2018
  33. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    Hi! How are you feeling today?:)

Most of us dislike hospitals but you'll be back home soon, when you're not at risk anymore^^ A couple of days of monitoring to make sure you're stable and then you're ready to return to your cozy place.

It's tough to rest in a hospital, becuz of the noise and staff is often walking in. But glad that our support is helpful a bit!.. ❤ xoxo
    May 28, 2018
    Parallax Panda and Sauteed_Onion like this.