RPG Maker Forums

starlight dream
starlight dream
A cake decorator sounds more fun and versatile. And more motivating. :)
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
Which job has the highest chance of letting me move up to management? I like management. I like being in charge. :D
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Tai_MT Well, you start off right at the top as a face painter. Of course, the very top is also the very bottom. :P
Blackyu
Blackyu
Lego store employee. I give joy to children in exchange for money ! =D
...Also because I'd probably suck at the other two.
IguanaGuy
IguanaGuy
All good answers. Not sure if "manager" in any of these jobs is a 50K position! Just thinking along the lines of a "happy" type job. I would be the cake decorator myself although I love artwork and Lego a lot too.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@The Stranger So you already have face painting experience. I'd love to date someone who'd let me draw on his face Lol

@IguanaGuy I would've picked face painter but I imagine every child would want to be a cat, so after a while I'd feel creatively stifled :p
IguanaGuy
IguanaGuy
Just had an event at work and we had a face painter. Most girls were some form of cat. My favorite was the rainbow sparkle cat. She knew she looked awesome!
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@The Stranger Nah, I want to be in charge of the Face Painters in the business. I want to determine company policy, our work standards, and how the business operates. I'd wager there'd be a way to do that in even Face Painting.

Unless you've created your own business, you're always working for someone else. I want to be one in charge. :D
Guiguimu
Guiguimu
All 3 in part time?
My pick would be cake decorator... Fun... And edible!

Awww a rainbow sparkle cat!
IguanaGuy
IguanaGuy
@Tai_MT I am just picturing this gruff no nonsense businessman in charge of all these happy go lucky face painters and trying to have a serious annual meeting with them.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
That'd be me. :D I'm good at that sort of thing. "Here's all our events for the year. Here's your work schedules. Oh, we've got new uniforms too. Remember to joke around with the kids and make fun conversation with the adults. Oh, we're instituting a "tip" policy as well. Patrons can tip you personally if they want."
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Tai_MT You can build yourself a business with Lego!

@IguanaGuy Rainbow sparkle cat sounds cute, maybe you want to add that in your game ;)
I bet they were all sparkle-something. Flower sparkle cat. Extra sparkle cat. Sparkle sparkle cat.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@IguanaGuy Face painting is a serious, highly competitive business. You can't just be the bloke who gives a kid a kitty face, you have to be the bloke who gives a kid THE kitty face. :P
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@The Stranger That reminds me, we're also sending people to complimentary training courses on Face Painting as well. Teach them to be actual professionals. Oh, and teach them some showmanship too! We're going to be the best! People will come to events just to see how amazing our Face Painting skills ARE.
IguanaGuy
IguanaGuy
So should I expect a documentary to come out one day called "The secret sorrows of the face painting industry"?
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Tai_MT *nods* About time someone took face painting seriously!
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@IguanaGuy nah... the way I'd run a business is probably different than most people would. The experience needs to be wonderful for the employees as well, otherwise you don't get new hires very easily and people will "call out" a lot or just not show up for work. I wouldn't treat employees as "disposable", because frankly, they're your PR Wing.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@IguanaGuy It'll reveal the dark and sordid goings on in the world of professional face painting. All of the backroom deals, the face paint laced with cocaine, the bodies which were ground up into various pigments; it's a truly disturbing business.
IguanaGuy
IguanaGuy
Maybe it should be more along the lines of Master and Padowan? But then there would be a "Yoda" somewhere deciding the fate of the face painting universe.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Hate to burst anyone's dreams but most face painters are actually independents, it's too small of a business model to really grow to the point of needing bosses or more than maybe one employee/partner. I had an ex who did it as a side job.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got fired from my job because they found someone more "Professional" and "Better" then me so I had more time to work on a tower defense prototype for a friend, I will upload tutorials on how to make it yourself once it's finished.
Added a modern day fridge sprite to my thread. Empty, full, and rotten versions :) enjoy
I'm on YouTube moderating for an America's Funniest Home Videos livestream. They love having me there and I know spam when I see it. Tonight I had to put 3 different people in time out due to them spamming random letters. Nobody else could chat with their messages in the way!
Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowmasterfvs