1. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    And it's pretty pretty! <3
    Is your wrist ok now? :)
    May 28, 2018
  2. richter_h
    richter_h
    Thanks.

Also, I haven't injured my wrist yet, so it's... okay, I guess? But for some reasons I managed to not get myself a sore wrist. Don't worry.
    May 28, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  3. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    I think the new character designs are a better choice (even if the smaller ones were cute too). I mean if you can draw so well, why not highlight it ^^
    May 28, 2018
    richter_h likes this.
  4. richter_h
    richter_h
    The main reason why I'm remaking all of them is the flexibility my current art style has to offer. Since many characters are not kinda similar each other, I took the risk and chance to draw'em all (and might hurt my wrist several times in the process)
    May 28, 2018
  5. richter_h
    richter_h
    In the end of the day, either new and old style, these art styles give the feel I'm aiming for.

While I can draw well, I'm still far from the chance of being a full-fledged character designer (and game artist in general). I'm aiming for the best way I can pull off.
    May 28, 2018
  6. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It's funny that you say that because your art is something other devs would commission, I believe. But it's about reaching a point where you can feel confident in your style too.

I think the new characters fit a classic rpg vibe, can't describe it well, but it reminds me of beautiful character art in game manuals of 2D rpgs.
    May 28, 2018
    richter_h likes this.
  7. richter_h
    richter_h
    Yeah, thanks to impostor syndrome. Syndrome aside, all I need are dedicated time to implore my capabilities and the willing to actually being one of those artists. Confidence, yeah. I'll take note of that
    May 28, 2018
  8. richter_h
    richter_h
    Also, maybe it's an acquired taste but since you mentioned that my style fits classic RPG stuffs, I think I'm heading on the right direction. Kinda nailed it, I reckon.
    May 28, 2018
  9. starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It's normal artist syndrome. Too harsh with one's own work.^^

But drawing/coloring does require lots of effort, time and energy, so it's not easy to commit to requests.
    At least your own game can look hot. xD
    May 28, 2018
    richter_h likes this.