RPG Maker Forums

Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Nature doesn't keep around unwanted traits, ever. They get removed via evolution. So the fact someone of your personality temperament exists to this day means that you are needed in the world, the society NEEDS you and there is a place for you somewhere within it. The only trouble is to find your niche and your community!
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Doesn't matter what your personality temperament is like, whether you're a starving artist, a reclusive introvert, or a ball of worries, people like you exist for a reason! If that wasn't the case, people of your temperament wouldn't have been getting born.
kovak
kovak
Words that makes burdens lighter. Pretty wise :)
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Thank you. It kind of hit me when I was thinking about the Big 5 personality theory. I was watching one of Dr Jordan Peterson's lectures on Youtube (he often talks about Big 5 personality traits), and that got me thinking, if many of our personality traits evolved over time, then surely every non-pathological trait must be needed in society and favoured by nature, or else it wouldn't exist.
kovak
kovak
I'll look for this guy cuz this might help me as well
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Oh definitely. Dr Jordan Peterson's lectures and interviews are so full of insight. He often talks about personality types, mental conditions, psyche and all sorts of psychology related stuff. It's very insightful. :)
He also recently released a book called '12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos'.
fimamati
fimamati
I'm just curious. @Matseb2611 Are you an INTP personality type? of course you can always object that question.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Haha, close. I'm INTJ. :D
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Glad to see fellow fans of the MBTI theory.
fimamati
fimamati
I knew it was INT something :D Every time you talk I say this guy sounds like a real introvert. I rarely run into people like myself, so when I do I get excited. I'm friends with an INTJ! we can literally talk for hours. His Judgement and my Perception is usually where we clash But in a good way.
fimamati
fimamati
Ok I'm going to calm down now.:cutesmile:
fimamati
fimamati
I don't agree with everything they say but for the most part the people they used in their experiments have a lot in common with me. I think using it can help a person identify their weaknesses and work on them.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yes exactly! I find personality theories like MBTI to be useful in determining your weaknesses. Have you looked at the 8 cognitive functions of each personality type in MBTI? I've been working on developing my inferior Se function (extroverted sensing), which is one of the reasons I began learning dancing. It helps to balance me out.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I guess there is a distinct way in which INTx types talk. It's often very theoretical and in-depth. :D
Marquise*
Marquise*
Maybe the only one guy (Jordan Peterson) who understands why artists are so thumped on in society. We are supposed to be mentally ill but the truth is that we are WAY more natural than modern society and abstract economy forcing us to be products of happy consumers and productive herd. In reality, when you see less developed countries with less access to gadgets and publicity, there is more purpose! Less suicides.
Marquise*
Marquise*
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yeah, the artistic traits evolved for many reasons. Firstly the innovation, to allow our society to improve. It's the artists that drive all the progress forward. Secondly, sexual selection, as unusual as it may sound. Men being poetic and the like was a way to woo women you know, kind of similar how many of the animals sing, dance, and perform their way into the female's good embraces. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey, guys! Do you want to hear a riddle? If so, go to this link!
Omg, 'Marsha' took over the RPGWeb twitter for a bit and its the most adorable thing ever! :LZSblush: I like it

"Gennady" Gen na Dee reptiloid scientist
I wonder how well Procedural Map generation would work in RPG Maker MZ... Well, only one way to find out! Hehe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
math_lomba