RPG Maker Forums

OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Eh, who would do that? An RPG developer perhaps? maybe he forgot that we all start in the same place.
cabfe
cabfe
It's sometimes that the famous person is not in a good mood for some reason (they're humans too) or fed up with fans coming at them all the time (we're not the only ones!).
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
One time, My friend saw the dude sitting in a restaurant. this was on the Boardwalk, at the beach. This dude looked really familar.

"Excuse me, but are you perhaps Mark Hamill?" he asked.

"Yes, but don't tell anyone I'm here," he responded.

Satisfied that he wasn't seeing things, my friend went about his business.
starlight dream
starlight dream
Having fans comes with the package of being "famous" though. Treating them rudely shows the person is unable to handle the success.
And that's possibly a fan lost, so it's pretty stupid.
Llareian
Llareian
If I had reached out in a real-time medium (as opposed to email), I would be a little more understanding. If I hadn't bent over backwards apologizing and trying to take responsibility for the misunderstanding, I'd get it. Don't put your email address on your platform if you don't want to be contacted, and don't continue to be a jerk after you receive an apology.
starlight dream
starlight dream
You did what you could there, that's all that was in your power to do. You're not responsible for an other's behaviour. It's so easy online to cool off before sending a reply, to choose how to react. So there are no excuses.
If they're fed up of being contacted for whatever reason, they should still send a generic reply how they can't answer things at the time, or whatever.
Alexander Hawksmoor
Alexander Hawksmoor
Most people nowadays take to twitter to name and shame people like that. Sometimes its better to just be the bigger person and walk away realising that no one is really worth idolising, unless its me then by all means, idolise away :p
Caitlin
Caitlin
I don't have a personal story, but Wil Wheaton talked about how he meet his real life hero and was disappointed when the person turned out to be a jerk irl. He never said, who, so you're not alone. There are just jerks in life, but there are good ones. Robin Williams was such a man. RIP. Apparently he would talk to people and was nice, too. (story I heard, not me.)
Milennin
Milennin
Nowadays, it seems to be the norm to be hateful towards your fans. Best to distance yourself from anybody who treats their most loyal customers like trash, and look for better people to look up to instead.
Orichalcum+
Orichalcum+
There's a saying that goes something like "Never meet your heroes.".
Mrs_Allykat
Mrs_Allykat
There are many people who could be a hero to someone, and many different personality types too. However, to defend the "heroes," remember that the actor that played "Starlord," got a ton of hate-mail (tweets, fb posts, etc) for messing up and destroying the world and killing some fan's favorite hero(es). I hope the actor took that with a grain of salt (I mean he *did* sell his part well).
Sharm
Sharm
I've been in situations many times where a fan has been disrespectful or demanding or suddenly going completely insane. Even when I really wanted to lose my temper I bit my tongue, was firm and kind and tried to talk my way through the problem respectfully.
Sharm
Sharm
The majority of the time just by pretending I wasn't upset I was able to resolve the situation in a way that would have been impossible if I'd lost my temper, and every time I kept the fan while still keeping my standards. It's hard to be nice to someone you think has wronged you, but you never know what bridges you might be burning by being confrontational.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose