Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Have you tried eventing a simple time system? It's a bit of extra work, but it shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.
    Jun 5, 2018
  2. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger My first time system was evented but I figured a plugin would be easier. At first I used the built in timer and variables and it worked well enough, but it's not easy to get it as nice looking as say moghunter's time system.
    Jun 6, 2018
    Jhale M. and The Stranger like this.
  3. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    What I want is basically a "AM/PM" clock as well as the day of the week displayed on screen in the upper left corner (also in the menu).
    And the gradual tinting of the screen. I can do most of it but it's a little bit of a hassle. Not sure how I'd display text like "Thursday" on screen without a plugin though.
    Jun 6, 2018
    Jhale M. and The Stranger like this.
  4. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Maybe you could use Yanfly's Gab Window to display the date. You're right, though, it will be a bit of a hassle. It's really strange that no one has created a super basic time plug-in, they all have months, years and seasons. xD
    Jun 7, 2018
    Jhale M. and Parallax Panda like this.
  5. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @The Stranger I guess they all assume that the only reason one would want a day/night cycle is because you're building a harvest moon clone! :D ...aw.. Well, the whole time/day problem got be bugged out so I'm going to step away from it for a while and think about it later. I have to do it eventually but right now it seems like a hassle. Gab window might be worth a try though.
    Jun 7, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.
  6. Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    I didn't notice your post before this one Panda. I use a system for time of day (light dark) in a project I have on hold at the moment. It's an adaptation from SRD and Driftood Gaming's set up. I'll PM you my code. Just make a common event, and then it's just a matter of putting the variables in whatever menu/gui you use.
    Jun 29, 2018