RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I've studied aikido, taekwondo, boxing and mma. Among them mma and aikido are the most useful for actual self defense training but to be honest the basics are the basics no matter what you practice. There's a lot of overlap in the martial arts to begin with. You aren't gonna combine them and become Chuck Norris suddenly.
lunarrosecrow
lunarrosecrow
which is true and all but at the same time there are different styles that use grappling over hand to hand combat, deadly killing styles, ones that focus on counters, street styles, there are a lot that could be combined there is no way someone who takes taekwondo will do anything a boxer or someone who takes judo can do.
lunarrosecrow
lunarrosecrow
so its a matter of opinion if you could combine two to make your own ultimate martial art which would it be, Excluding gun kata... cause if you have a gun you don't need martial arts anyway
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
JKD, TKD, KSW, WT.
In no order, I couldn't only pick two.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Alright I'll bite. I'd say mma mixed with anything traditional. The reason is because mma practitioners come from diverse array of traditional martial arts backgrounds and you end up sparring against people with all kinds of disciplines. You need the basics that a traditional dojo teaches you to be competitive but you learn a lot more about self-defense in a high stakes match than an exhibition.
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
I'm actually impressed you guys knew the acronyms I used.
Also, being someone who does martial arts, I agree with you Vagus. I can't say I'm much of an mma fan, however, what you said makes complete sense to me because I used to be friends with someone who did mma and went to his practices a few times.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This Life is a Dream is in full production! More pics and some free promo assets coming soon!
Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph
Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captnemo