RPG Maker Forums

Sharm
Sharm
Me too.
cabfe
cabfe
Nobody likes to catch a cold IRL either. That's natural.
Poryg
Poryg
I don't get anxious even when I get hacked. Instead I just start laughing :D
Poryg
Poryg
When Avast let two trojan viruses through to my tablet with just a warning that the apps might be infected, my ICQ got hacked. Not sure what exactly did the hack do, but whatever. When I found out through noRoot firewall, noticed that one app was sending unusually high data to Russia, I uninstalled Avast, installed Eset, eset found two trojans. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled my ICQ.
Poryg
Poryg
Simple as that, hacked no more. Avast gained a negative review from me on google play store, the hacker received an applause. From that point on I use Eset for virus protection on android (it's a good protection for free as well) and noroot firewall to scan my apps' traffic from time to time :)
NeoFantasy
NeoFantasy
I generally use Avast, so I’m sad to hear it didn’t catch those Trojans. Though I’m having a hard time with a piece of malware known as Genieo for Mac. I’ve had both avast and malwarebytes recognize and delete it, but it keeps on popping up.
Sharm
Sharm
If you had a PC I'd say boot up into safe mode first to delete it so it can't have access to the thing that reinstalls it, but I don't know if Macs have an equivalent.
NeoFantasy
NeoFantasy
I’m fairly certain they do, but I don’t know if that would help. I’ve cleared all of it’s files from the Mac but whever it restarts I get a prompt to install it and some fake Java update which brings you to a very legit looking apple page. So I need to figure out whatever is giving me this damn prompt. Though according to both anti-viruses the computer is now clean.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."
Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apollogeist