Comments on Profile Post by Robin

1. Liak
    Liak
    Yes, he should kill the enemies himself. Requires some caution, but it's more intuitively comprehensible.
    Dec 13, 2012
  2. Liak
    Liak
    Well, on the other hand there are certainly ways to explain why it strengthens the beast master even if someone else kills a beast. Something along the lines "Whenever a beast dies ..." instead of "Whenever the beast master kills a beast ...", you know what I mean? You just have to give good reasons. :)
    Dec 14, 2012
  3. Robin
    Robin
    Well, I guess the justification would be that he was in a party that helped defeat the enemy. I don't think it pines for a detailed explanation, after all, in most games, everyone in the party gets experience without them each attacking every individual enemy.
    Dec 14, 2012
  4. B.Ultimus
    B.Ultimus
    I think it may add to the strategy if the Beastmaster gets the final blow to get stronger.
    Dec 14, 2012
  5. B.Ultimus
    B.Ultimus
    But, also to make that strategically work (instead of guessing), you would need some type of HP bar that shows health (if you don't have that already).
    Dec 14, 2012
  6. Robin
    Robin
    Yeah, I'm just concerned that a) It may be harder to implement, and B) They would likely need less final blows than kills (in the original idea), and so each final blow might boost the skill too much.
    Dec 14, 2012
  7. Kaiser
    Kaiser
    I always hated the final blow deal in games. As long as said job attacks then that is fine. Having the said job deal the final blow you have to manipulate the luck of the game to where you have to perfectly or get over the amount of damage needed to kill.
    Dec 14, 2012