Comments on Profile Post by HexMozart88

1. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Do you have Alice* installed? No? Then you don't have too many engines.

*this is definitely worth a google if you haven't heard of it before. :p
    Jun 23, 2018
    HexMozart88 likes this.
  2. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I only found out what that was a couple of days ago. I'm still not 100% sure what it's about.
    Jun 23, 2018
    shadefoundry likes this.
  3. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Ok so having had to use it for a project back in high school, I would say that it's like RPG Maker but with everything that makes RPG Maker a worthwhile engine stripped out and replaced with a dumpsterfire.
    Jun 23, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  4. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Oh, RIP. I'm glad I never installed it, then. XD
    I just have a heck ton of RPG Makers and Unity.
    Jun 23, 2018
    starlight dream and shadefoundry like this.
  5. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    Only RPG Makers and Unity? What no love for GameMaker? It's a pretty decent engine imho. At the very least it does 2d easier than Unity does.
    Jun 23, 2018
    starlight dream likes this.
  6. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    How many is too many? I have 7 or 8...
    Jun 23, 2018
    shadefoundry likes this.
  7. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I've been told GameMaker is garbage, which is why I never bothered to pick it up.
    Jun 23, 2018
  8. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @Tai_MT I think I have about that many. Other than Unity, I have RPG Makers 2000-MV. The only reason I say I have too many is that most people only have 1 or 2.
    Jun 23, 2018
  9. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I've got RPG Maker 2000-MV, VN Maker, RPG Maker FES on my 3DS...

I'll probably keep picking up any RPG Maker program they release, to be quite honest, so long as I can keep coming up with game ideas for each engine.
    Jun 23, 2018
    shadefoundry likes this.
  10. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Tai_MT But do you have RPG Tsukuru GB on the gameboy?
    Jun 23, 2018
  11. HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I come up with most of my ideas in Ace and then use the other ones for different reasons. For example, I use XP for its tilesets and MV for requests.
    Jun 23, 2018
    shadefoundry likes this.
  12. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    @shadefoundry nope, never even heard of it. I actually started with the illegal RPG Maker 2000 before eventually checking to see if there were a modern version of the program out there somewhere. Lo' and behold... VX Ace existed, was in English, and I could buy. Been using all their products since.
    Jun 23, 2018
    shadefoundry likes this.
  13. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    I tend to develop ideas in 2000, and move up once I'm happy with how its coming/unable to continue because of a limitation in 2000 that I can't get around.
    Jun 23, 2018
  14. shadefoundry
    shadefoundry
    @Tai_MT I started with an illegal copy of 2000 back in the day too, although it was VX that had just come out when I went to search for a modern version to buy. I only have the version on the gameboy because it was a neat little oddity that I picked up at a use game store a while back.
    Jun 23, 2018
  15. Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    At one point, I wanted to own the versions for PlayStation, but I never owned a PlayStation, so I could never buy 'em.
    Jun 23, 2018
  16. Ryisunique
    Ryisunique
    If your computer hasn't crashed yet, you're fine.

(I've got six on this LP along with a few heavy games. Hasn't plugged up yet.)
    Jun 23, 2018
    HexMozart88 likes this.