RPG Maker Forums

shadefoundry
shadefoundry
Do you have Alice* installed? No? Then you don't have too many engines.

*this is definitely worth a google if you haven't heard of it before. :p
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I only found out what that was a couple of days ago. I'm still not 100% sure what it's about.
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
Ok so having had to use it for a project back in high school, I would say that it's like RPG Maker but with everything that makes RPG Maker a worthwhile engine stripped out and replaced with a dumpsterfire.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Oh, RIP. I'm glad I never installed it, then. XD
I just have a heck ton of RPG Makers and Unity.
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
Only RPG Makers and Unity? What no love for GameMaker? It's a pretty decent engine imho. At the very least it does 2d easier than Unity does.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
How many is too many? I have 7 or 8...
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I've been told GameMaker is garbage, which is why I never bothered to pick it up.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
@Tai_MT I think I have about that many. Other than Unity, I have RPG Makers 2000-MV. The only reason I say I have too many is that most people only have 1 or 2.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
I've got RPG Maker 2000-MV, VN Maker, RPG Maker FES on my 3DS...

I'll probably keep picking up any RPG Maker program they release, to be quite honest, so long as I can keep coming up with game ideas for each engine.
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
@Tai_MT But do you have RPG Tsukuru GB on the gameboy?
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I come up with most of my ideas in Ace and then use the other ones for different reasons. For example, I use XP for its tilesets and MV for requests.
Tai_MT
Tai_MT
@shadefoundry nope, never even heard of it. I actually started with the illegal RPG Maker 2000 before eventually checking to see if there were a modern version of the program out there somewhere. Lo' and behold... VX Ace existed, was in English, and I could buy. Been using all their products since.
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
I tend to develop ideas in 2000, and move up once I'm happy with how its coming/unable to continue because of a limitation in 2000 that I can't get around.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Social distancing extended for another week. Personally I'm cool, but this is depressing.
GOOOOD MOOORNING!
APRIL WILL BE BETTER!
First time I've seen the shelves full in my local shop in a while. Still no soap, though.
RachelTheSeeker wrote on StormyRange's profile.
Hey! Haven't I seen you before? :p Good to see you on a RPG Maker site; am pleasantly surprised. :)
When you really think about it, the Trolley Problem is pretty dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimsonBlack