RPG Maker Forums

TheoAllen
TheoAllen
Who thinks RTP are bad? *ftfy
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
The RTP and it's icons specifically are just fine. Just bear in mind that there's a bit of a stigma attached to it because of how many bad commercial games there are using nothing but pure RTP.
Mystic_Enigma
Mystic_Enigma
Why are they bad? They're just fine to me!
kovak
kovak
I wish i had them with no background. Flat icons are awesome
Dalph
Dalph
I don't think they're bad.
They're meant to be vector icons to make them fit better for mobile too.
Lord Vectra
Lord Vectra
I ask because a youtuber im watching makes it such a big deal when someone uses the default MV icons like its a sin. So I was curious if others shared his hatred for them.
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
You know, I resolved not to use them the first time I saw them (before I met said youtuber haha) Hate is such a strong word, but I know I didn't like them. There are so many nice alternatives out there.
Lord Vectra
Lord Vectra
I only like the fire icon and I think the lightning one too. The rest were meh for me.
Milennin
Milennin
They're totally fine. What matters is that they're easy to understand, which most of them are. You can always change them later on, if you find something better.
Driftwood Gaming
Driftwood Gaming
If you lack all self-respect, they're perfectly fine. :)
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
Bear in mind, there's a lot of really high quality icons floating around that are free to use. If you're concerned that you're going to be criticized for using the RTP, you could always lurk around here or on OGA for replacements.
XPKobold
XPKobold
Not really considering if you compare the previous icons VX/Ace RMXP they're a lot more simpler and straightforward which makes it easy to study and take a look at how they work.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?
Today's patch of Eternal Dreamers is for all the gamblers out there! https://bit.ly/327mu83
i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rykerior