Comments on Profile Post by Alexander Hawksmoor

1. Alanood
    Alanood
    bloodthirsty protagonist?
    Jun 26, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  2. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Struggling to come up with ideas, or struggling to keep the ideas small? If it's the first one, maybe use a fairy tale with your own twist as the plot. If the the latter, cut out everything that is not 100% needed and force yourself to not add anything until you've got a working alpha start to finish.
    Jun 26, 2018
  3. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    Yeah its the 2nd one, I'm not very good at keeping things small. I just want something that I can use to raise some funds for my main project.
    Jun 26, 2018
  4. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Why not tie it to your main game then? Have Clara telling the munchkins a bedtime story about a local fairy tale or an adventure their dad had when he was younger.

I'd be happy to bounce ideas around with you if you want. :)
    Jun 26, 2018
  5. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    That isn't actually a bad idea at all. Actually truth be told, the main game I'm making is actually a prequel and a 2nd game is set to follow on from it, so a pre - prequel going into Damon's past doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

If I design it right, then that could set up an appetite for the following games.
    Jun 26, 2018
  6. hiddenone
    hiddenone
    Yep, if you do it right then even more people will be looking forward to the main game since they came to like the characters and story-telling style in the smaller game.
    Jun 26, 2018
  7. Alexander Hawksmoor
    Alexander Hawksmoor
    I'll still be needing your awesome sprite skills ;)
    Jun 26, 2018
    starlight dream and hiddenone like this.