RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
A very awkward dating sim where your choices are the woman you've (canonically) always loved in an on again off again way, the lady who literally seduced you with magic (pretty much rape) and later took further advantage of you when you had amnesia and/or a curious narcissist who wants a sample of what the other ladies had...is that really what dating Sims are like?
slimmmeiske2
slimmmeiske2
@Philosophus Vagus Some of them do. I played one where one of the love interest locked the MC up in a dog cage and another love interest had a split personality that kept killing the MC. o.O That said it also had two incredible sweet and awesome love interests, so I guess it makes up for the bad parts. :D
Poryg
Poryg
I love dating sims, buf too bad that I haven't met a single genuinely challenging dating sim (well, there's one, it's called Real life, but whatevs).
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Philosophus Vagus LMAO! What a fantastic summary of the possible relationships in the Witcher 3. xD On my first playthrough, I abandoned all of those nasty sorceresses, electing to lead a life of adventure with Ciri instead. @Llareian Why do you consider the Witcher 3 a dating sim? Is it because you can watch a sex scene between Geralt and a handful of women?
Llareian
Llareian
@The Stranger More because so much of the game focuses on developing the relationships between Geralt and at least the two main interests, in my experience so far. It's all about long conversations subtly talking about feelings and longing glances; way more than just a sex scene.
Llareian
Llareian
Plus so far I've found way more women who you can get involved with if you want a shorter seduction, but it's still all about the dialogue. I guess you could argue there's no "dating" other than the one date I've seen so far (I'm still quite early in the game), but it still has a lot of that substance. And yes, I know that there's WAY more to the game than just the relationships, but it's definitely a huge component.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lagune