RPG Maker Forums

TheMutantSpaceDancer
TheMutantSpaceDancer
Just gonna write this down in case I ever make a horror game....
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
Were you part of the coffin negotiations? They go out of their way to try and milk you for every penny they can, using arguments like "don't you care for him/her?" to try and twist your arm into spending more. It's disgusting.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I've always wanted to open my own funeral home. Did part of my secondary school work experience in one.
@shadefoundry Yeah, that's something I don't agree with. Many also try to force unnecessary services on you, such as embalming. They don't tell you that the vast majority of these practices aren't actually mandated by law, that you can bury the dead without all of this extra stuff.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
This is why I'm going to be cremated...or donate my body to science, the state covers your expenses if you do that. No ******* salesmen marking my death up at the expense of my loved ones, that's all just bullshit.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Philosophus Vagus I'm an organ donor, so I hope someone can make good use of my bits and pieces after my death. I'd like to have a natural burial for whatever is left. No coffin, no tombstone, no graveyard; just a burial shroud, a hole, and perhaps a sapling planted on my final resting place.
shadefoundry
shadefoundry
@The Stranger Don't even get me started on how long it took to explain to them that we did not need all of the services, and that a simple coffin would be just fine.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@shadefoundry It's pretty disgusting how some funeral directors try to milk grieving family members of money. I guess they don't want people to find out that you don't actually need to spend much on burying the dead. Hell, you can bury the dead on your own land in the UK; so long as you follow certain guidelines. Death has been a very profitable business for a very long time, though.
Mihe
Mihe
Maybe you should liven up the place.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

it's e3 season again..!
Today is a day of optimizations.
I can't decide if writing invoices is satisfying or annoying...
What has two thumbs and just put up the latest Jump into Javascript? *points at self* this guy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zomb1esteve