RPG Maker Forums

bgillisp
bgillisp
Personally I'm not a fan of any holiday that is treated as an excuse to run around and act stupid, which is 4th of July and New Years Eve in my neck of the woods.
Vox Novus
Vox Novus
I am all for a day where it means families can and do take the time to spend together and appreciate each other and just plain enjoy some of the simpler things in life but too often it also becomes what bgillisp spoke of.
Dalph
Dalph
I used to like Christmas only for the presents. :p
TheMutantSpaceDancer
TheMutantSpaceDancer
I like holidays but I understand what you mean.
starlight dream
starlight dream
What I dislike on certain holidays here is that all the places are closed. So people end up with a day to spend together and there's no where to go for an activity, eat out, etc.
Kind of a wasted summer day. ^^
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@starlight dream the opposite isn't any fun either. Here the only jobs that close for most holidays are desk jobs and you have a significant amount of the population that has to scramble to find childcare so they can go be waiters or stockers for the holiday rush. I wish we'd go back to everything just shutting down, I feel bad for all those people to which holidays just mean extra work.
starlight dream
starlight dream
@Philosophus Vagus I agree. In opposition, in the province I live, if a place opens on the main provincial holiday they have to pay 3x the shift. So most places prefer to close. Unfortunately the desk jobs make good salaries & they can afford to take the day off. The law only hurts the poorer workers becuz it cuts out a day of work during their week. Many would prefer to work on holidays instead of staying home.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!
Today is a day of optimizations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member