RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Don't like being called The Mighty Palm-san? :p I'd rather people start using the German von in non-German names. John von Johnstown.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
The Mighty Palm-sama!
Milennin
Milennin
Problem is that they're sometimes made into the subject of dialogue or jokes. Best solution: stick to western entertainment made for a western audience.
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
Like okay if its important to show that this is Japan and the culture plays a part in the story, then yes honorifics. NO honorifics if it could take place anywhere on earth and not change plot or a fantasy world
The Mighty Palm
The Mighty Palm
@Milennin or watch the subbed version? Because I dont have a problem with the honorifics themself, just when its in English. Aka a language that does not naturally use these honorifics.
TheoAllen
TheoAllen
I dont completely agree/disagree. Since idk the better translation it would be without losing its context or so since translating is hard. But did ppl seriously use japanese honorifics in dub?
The Stranger
The Stranger
I've seen people use a mix of European titles and Japanese honorifics. Seeing sir or lord paired with a Japanese honorific is pretty cringy.
Scythuz
Scythuz
Yeah it just always feels so out of place when this happens and dubs sound cringey enough as it is most of the time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

brain broken as soon as i figure out whats wrong with my game im taking a long nap
Hey guys anyone is interested in playing my game? Just PM me and I'll give you a Steam key! Here's my latest video! ->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rag1993