RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I've had dreams where I was murdered that were less frightening. Torture me, kill me what have you, a dream is a dream but with my anxiety a place like prison is a true nightmare. Woke up completely terrified. Not used to dreams being scary enough to deserve to be called nightmares like that. :p
The Stranger
The Stranger
A dream, or premonition? Keep an eye out for that truck and avoid it at all costs. xD
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I hope not. Last thing I think I ever stole was a Pokemon card when I was like 6. Well unless you count poaching as stealing, I did poach game back in my homeless days. That's what was so messed up though, the dream began with me waking up in a stolen vehicle surrounded by cops.
Dalph
Dalph
That's pretty scary. As a kid and teenager I always had this recurrent nightmare of a ghost woman searching for me in my house. Nowdays I dream about not being able to cook well or even worse, being forced to return to school (noooooooooo!!!).
starlight dream
starlight dream
If it happens IRL you'll tell them that you work for the government and you'll be off the hook ;)

But it is scary. Almost as scary as @Dalph's nightmare about being unable to cook pasta. :eek:
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I just keep having dreams about people trying to kill me. Sometimes it's people I know, sometimes it's complete strangers.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Dalph going back to school is another good nightmare. The cooking too but how would you just forget something like that?

@HexMozart88 I actually have a recurring dream where a shapeshifting humanoid shadow taunts and kills me. Each dream is different but it has killed me in 9 separate dreams at this point. The prison nightmare was much more frightening than any of them.
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Philosophus Vagus It's interesting that shadow people are reported to frequently appear in nightmares and hallucinations. They're so common that they even appear in folklore.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
They are a worldwide phenomena and the most frequently "shared" hallucination in existence. It's honestly hard to take them as nothing but a figmant of the imagination as pretty much any other type of hallucination varies wildly from person to person and are much rarer than people dreaming/ seeing shadow people. Ever seen the nightmare? It's austincibly a documentary about sleep paralysis
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
But 95% of the interviewees hallucinations are shadow people, not just random individual experiences like you'd expect of a hallucination conjured from a mentally Ill individuals subcontious as a psychosomatic response to partially conscious REM paralysis.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Yeah, encounters with them tend to be very similar; it's always frightening and often hostile. I started seeing them after nearly dying while homeless. They make up the vast majority of my visual hallucinations, and even one of the voices I hear takes the form of one in my dreams. I mean, I say they're shadows, but they're made of a darkness that is far deeper than a shadow.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
You've told me that before but it still gives me chills to remember people experience such things conscious. The description is dead on though, the outline is human but like you are starring into a deep pit at the same time. I'm not necessarily spiritual but I do tend to think some of these experiences are more than a simple illness.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I've entertained the idea that mine is a neglected Tulpa I briefly tried to create as a lonely teen and then promptly ignored when I saw no imidiate results from such exercises. Only basis for that is that the first shadow dream happened within a year of that but I prefer the idea that it's just a separated aspect of myself to considering that it's a sign of mental illness or some outside force assaulting my dreams.
The Stranger
The Stranger
I used to try to dismiss mine as figments of my imagination, symptoms of my mental illness, but I can't keep up that facade because I really don't believe it. A Tulpa is an entity you create outside of your own mind, right? It's meant to have its own desires, emotions, and thoughts.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GmOcean