Search results

1. A Few Scripts I Wrote For XP...

Around 75 complete Scripts.  I have literally lost count at this point.  Yeah, that is a LOT of Scripts! Heretic's Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts Version 2.3 - Updated Saturday, August 20th, 2016 Download: (Links to Chaos-Project.com)...
  2. I need a differential equation for transitions in progress

I need a math equation that will give me an opacity given that a transition is already in progress.  Usually I use the following method for transitions. @opacity_target = arg1 @opacity_duration = arg2 Then apply the following code each frame during the transition: @opacity =...
  3. How do I get the Transparent Color for Characters in Scripts?

Under the Tools -> Options Menu, there is an option for Transparent Color.  I need to be able to read the Custom Data from inside a script.  How and Where is that information located? Also, under Materialbase -> Graphics/Characters -> Import, you are given two for "Transparent Color...
  4. What is missing from the RPG Maker series?

I was recently reading some stuff on "good game design" that wasnt specifically related to RPG Maker, but it started to get me thinking about what is it that is missing from RPG Maker? There are so many things that Enterbrain cant really be responsible for.  A lot of these things relate to...
  5. Heretic's Dynamic Lighting (XP) - Prototype Demo

A couple of you may have seen these screenshots from the Dynamic Lighting script Im working on: (These screenshots are Animated, so give them a moment to load:) Im putting out a Prototype Demo so you can download and play with this script a bit and I can get some feedback...
  6. DLL to Rotate an RGSS Bitmap... Need a hand from C++ folks!

First off, I suck at C++ and have had some success in making a DLL but I dont know enough to make the rotated images look clean!  I have a ton of noise when the bitmap rotates!  I figure someone here will be more familiar with C++ and graphics so it looks way better! DEMO and Sourcecode...
  7. Building a DLL File to use in Scripts!

Making a custom DLL file for use in your games isnt as hard as it sounds!  Im sure lots of people, once they get used to programming in Ruby want to go to the next step and working with compiled languages.  That is pretty much where I am at right now. So here are the basics! C++ "Header.h"...
  8. Do Regions or Terrain Tags have Labels?

Every game has customized uses for Regions and Labels, and in older versions, not sure about MV, but we had Terrain Tags.  The old style of Game Switches and Game Variables had Labels that didnt really affect gameplay, but were useful for knowing what each Switch and Variable was intended to be...
  9. Moving Platforms Script [XP] Beta Testing

Hey all, I wrote a new script for Moving Platforms in XP!  Im close to releasing this script, but I want to make sure it is as bug free as I can make it first. Script is included in this really short Demo! Note: Link Altered to package of Version 1.0 of the script Heretic's...
  10. Heretic's Vehicles XP

Heretic's Vehicles XP Authors: Heretic Version: 1.0 Type: Custom Movement System Introduction This script allows you to use full XP RTP Style Vehicles in your game! You have FULL CONTROL over where these Vehicles can move, their Size, Embark and Disembark, everything! This script also contains...
  11. The Conspiracy Game

There are many critical elements that are needed to create an interesting Story.  One of those elements will involve some sort of Plot Twist.  Sometimes it allows the characters to be true to themselves, while at other times shows the deviousness of a cleverly planned betrayal.  In the realm of...
  12. How Many Uses for Terrain Tags Can You Come Up With?

I love Terrain Tags!  Especially with Barbeque Sauce, they're delicious!  In all seriousness, Terrain Tags are one of the most useful IDE implemented features of the RM series.  One small issue, as a Scripter, is that I used em all up and need more!  Each script may have a totally different use...
  13. WinAPI AddFontResource (XP)

Im playing with ForeverZer0's Memory Font Loader for RMXP.  The initial version of the script didnt work until another member suggested changing the WinAPI call "AddFontResourceEx" to just "AddFontResource", while Blizz had also suggested running "AddFontResourceExA" or "AddFontResourceExW"...
  14. WIP: Looping Map Script for XP (Cant get Sprites to Loop)

Yay, another script in the works!   :naughty:  Im hoping this forum is a bit more active... What I want this script to do is to Loop the Map like is possible in VX / Ace, but I dont have copies of either, which doesnt help.  So far, the Map does loop, Passable works, Fogs and Panoramas (mostly)...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's what people think game dev life is like: Oh I'll just add this feature and that feature.

A game devs' reality: add one feature and watch the rest break like domino's.
The light has gone out of my life.

About time they finally press the kill switch button for older makers.
Sorry everyone, I am here sporadically. After 6 years of delays after delays in my life, I try to do all mat once and that means that I spread thin everywhere because it just is impossible to crunch 6 years in one or even two, but I try! I wish many of that I would already given you and put behind but... well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeridis