Search results

1. Idiot

Drag and drop event pages to change their order

Please! I always thought, 'Maybe I'm just having trouble finding where the page move options would be...'.
  2. Idiot

Parallax map jumps/stutters on loading

Oh, I see! Thank you for telling me! I added my RAM specs in my first post now - I have 12GB RAM. I'll see if I can find a plugin that might help with the shadows/lighting so I can cut down two of the layers, and see if that helps.
  3. Idiot

The village map is 45x28 (2160x1344) and the layers add up to ~9MB. I'm still pretty new to working with parallax, so I don't have a frame of reference for what's too large to be efficient quite yet.
  4. Idiot

I see. I'm not really sure where to edit the fadeout/in from the title screen, but that seems to help map transfers a bit. The jumps only happen the very first time I visit a map - if I leave and come back it loads perfectly. I've been trying to add fade ins/outs to the start of the parallax...
  5. Idiot

I think it's a little more visible in the second gif: On loading it seems like the map loads the top left corner, then 'jumps' over to be where the players starting position actually is. I say it seems to load by layer because I can see the flash of pink from my passability tiles. Here's a full...
  6. Idiot

Thank you for reminding me! I'll add it to my opening post!
  7. Idiot

My MV and project are 1.6.1, and none of my maps have more than a few events on them yet. Comp specs: My maps seem to load layer-by-layer slowly once loaded. I made a couple gifs of the problem on two different maps: Here's the parallax settings for the maps in question, as well as a...
  8. Idiot

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Yeah, I can't say I can actually seeing someone once living here, haha! But it's a bit funner to get through than an average abandoned house (well, at least I hope it would be!) and adds to the feeling that things aren't right in this place, too! At least that's what I'm trying to go for. I'll...
  9. Idiot

a spooky abandoned house for my prologue! i think i really like how it turned out!
  10. Idiot

How did you come up with your name?

On here I just entered the first word I thought of ;; For the handle I'd usually use, I think I ended up getting it from a generator that smushed two words together and really liked it!
  11. Idiot

Laulai's Tiles

I love the gacha and ufo catcher!! They're so colorful! Super well done, I'm excited to see what else you'll make!
  12. Idiot

Tiles by Kerrigan Updated 02/07/2020 (Monster sprite and spider leg gen parts)

Wow, I love these! They look great, thanks so much for your hard work!
  13. Idiot

Do you ever do writing for your game when you are tired? I.e. Dialogue. Would you recommend it?

The way I see it, any writing, even bad writing, is better than nonwriting. I think of it as just a first draft and move on to editing it later when my head is clear.
  14. Idiot

Cyanides Edits

I'm so happy to see these reuploaded! Thank you so much for your hard work, they look amazing!
  15. Idiot

whtdragon's tilesets addons, fixes and more!

Wow, those roofs are great! Thank you so much for your hard work!
  16. Idiot

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

The easiest way to make a sympathetic antagonist (in my opinion) is to give them a righteous goal, but doing the wrong actions to get to that goal. One of my favorite examples is Poison Ivy from Batman - she's a scientist doing everything in her power to save the environment - but, well, a lot...
  17. Idiot

Expand & Collapse Events

Oh, yes! Please! This would make things so much cleaner and easier to work with!
  18. Idiot

What mini-games would you like to play?

I know I'm coming in after a bunch of long, thoughtful and insightful posts but. Hey, does anyone remember Tin Pin Slammer...honestly, it was such a tonal shift from the rest of TWEWY but somehow I can't help but be totally fond of it...
  19. Idiot

RMVXA Era Historia

I've only played Zestiria in yhe Tales of series, but this sounds like a really interesting spin on the genre! For the opening, maybe you could combine your two ideas? Something like, maybe yhe first dungeon is a place she explored when she was young, or the resting place of one of her...
  20. Idiot

One of my first finished maps...I'll probably clean it up or even end up remaking it completely further down the pipeline, but I'm happy with how it turned out for how inexperienced I am.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's what people think game dev life is like: Oh I'll just add this feature and that feature.

A game devs' reality: add one feature and watch the rest break like domino's.
The light has gone out of my life.

About time they finally press the kill switch button for older makers.
Sorry everyone, I am here sporadically. After 6 years of delays after delays in my life, I try to do all mat once and that means that I spread thin everywhere because it just is impossible to crunch 6 years in one or even two, but I try! I wish many of that I would already given you and put behind but... well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vegatechnologiesllc