Search results

1. Damascus7

RMMV Hime's Actor Battle Commands not hiding/showing

Hi there! I'm using Hime's Actor Battle Commands (https://himeworks.com/2015/12/actor-battle-commands/). I've created a command that I want to only show up under certain circumstances, sort of like a summon effect, called Incarnate. I've made it a skill type with an ID of 5, and the only actor...
  2. Damascus7

RMMV Elemental damage colors

I'd like to have a way to change the color of damage popups depending on the elemental damage type. I've searched around for a similar plugin, but haven't found anything like this for MV. If necessary, I'm willing to add different colors directly to the damage.png if necessary. The colors I...
  3. Damascus7

Getting individual Yanfly plugins?

Hi there. So I need Yanfly's Extended Damage Over Time plugin for a burn status. He doesn't seem to be selling this plugin (and many of his plugins) individually anymore. It seems to be party of a $10 pack. Problem is, I already have most of those plugins before he bundled them up in packs, so...
  4. Damascus7

Increasing a variable when an item is bought... but not decreasing when it's used/sold

Hi there! I'm looking for a way to count how many of an item a player purchases over time, but not have that count get reduced if they use or sell that item. A quest requires the player to buy 3 healing potions. The current way I am counting it is by having a script that checks how many of the...
  5. Damascus7

FROG_TalentBasedTraits: skills getting added to all classes

Hi there! I'm currently using Frogboy's Talent-Based Traits, which is built off his Talent Core. I'm having an unusual little glitch. I have some Skills that should be added to a set of talents. As it is now, in my Talent Core, these Talents should only be available to classes 5 and 6. No other...
  6. Damascus7

Yanfly Sideview Enemies: abnormal animations not lasting

Hi all. I'm using Yanfly's Animated Sideview Enemies, and have been having a lasting problem. When an enemy is brought below a certain HP threshhold, their idle animation switches to the Crisis/Abnormal animation. However, whenever they perform any other kind of animation, from either attacking...
  7. Damascus7

Removing menu options making plugin menu options disappear

I'm currently using two plugins that create custom menu commands: Mr. Trivel's Monster Book and Yanfly's Quest Journal. I'm now encountering a problem when I try to remove some of the standard menu options. Here is what the menu is with all commands: Item Skill Equip Status Formation Quest...
  8. Damascus7

Custom Restricted Selling plugin conflicting with Yanfly Independent Items

Hello! I'm having a small problem with a custom plugin that someone wrote for me. In this thread, theartofme wrote me a quick Restricted Selling plugin, which makes it so a shop can only buy certain items from the player. The problem is a conflict with the Independent Item trait of Yanfly's...
  9. Damascus7

SRD Character Creator EX: removing options

Hi there! I am using SRD's Character Creator EX in my game at the moment, and I was wondering if there was a fairly easy way to remove options from it? For the world the game takes place in, there are a few unrealistic options, such as blue/grey skin, wings, animal ears, and tails. Though I...
  10. Damascus7

Editing/Combining Party and Actor Command Lists (compatible with Yanfly CTB)

Hi all. I'm looking for a way to streamline the battle commands in my game. Specifically, I'd like to get rid of the Party Command window, and add the "Escape" command to the Actor Command window so only one list is necessary. I'd also like to get rid of the Guard command altogether, as I'd...
  11. Damascus7

Yanfly StatusMenuCore, Actor Variables: way to use gauges?

Hi again. I'm looking to do something specific with the Actor Variables extension for Yanfly's Status Menu Core. Right now I have a page that displays actors talent levels: However, I'd also like to be able to show what the max value for those ranks are, so the player doesn't get confused...
  12. Damascus7

Yanfly SaveCore conflict with SRD Character Creator EX: WIDE FACE

I'm having a little issue with Yanfly's SaveCore and SumRdmDde's Character Creator EX. Although the face that you can create with the Character Creator does appear in the page for the SaveCore, for some reason the custom face is too wide. Other default faces appear just fine. The issue is only...
  13. Damascus7

Method for putting variance directly in Damage Formula?

Hi there! I'm making a skill that drains HP and MP at the same time, which is requiring me to use a somewhat complex equation. For now the formula is marked as HP Drain in the dropdown box, and has this formula: m = Math.min(a.mat - b.mdf * 2, b.mp); a.gainMp(m); b.gainMp(-m); a.atk * 6 - b.def...
  14. Damascus7

Getting Frogboy's Talent Core to display face from SRD's Character Creator EX

Hey there! I'm having a fairly small program, but I just don't have the skill set to fix it at the moment. I'm currently using SRD's Character Creator EX to make a custom face for the player. So far, with some help from other users, I've been able to make it get along with most of my other...
  15. Damascus7

Yanfly's Skill Core: Eval triggering for multiple targets, i only want it to trigger once

Hi there! I'm currently using Yanfly's Skill Core, and am encountering a problem with it's Eval code. I am running a system where I want to increase a variable by a certain amount every time a skill is used. Here's what it looks like currently: <Post-Damage Eval> $gameVariables.setValue(1...
  16. Damascus7

Yanfly's Skill Core: need eval code for user's class

Hi there! I'm currently using Yanfly's Skill Core, and I want to use the tags to hide skills for certain classes. I notice that the plugin comes with script that can be used to hide skills <Custom Show Eval> if (user.level > 50) { visible = true; } else { visible = false; }...
  17. Damascus7

FROG_TalentCore & TalentBasedTraits: problems with menu and learning skills

I'm having a several problems with Froboy's Talent Core and Talent-Based Traits. It's be too cumbersome to post screenshots of all the problems I'm having, so I'll try to describe them as best I can. My first problem is that the game menu is not displaying Talents under the correct characters...
  18. Damascus7

Yanfly Hide/Show Shop Items: automatically hiding everything with no notetags

I'm currently using Yanfly's Hide/Show Shop Items, and am suddenly encountering a peculiar problem. I've had this plugin for a while, but only just recently, I noticed that any item that doesn't have a notetag of any type is not appearing in shops' buy menus. I've verified that this plugin is...
  19. Damascus7

Yanfly's Counter Control - I just don't get it!

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Counter_Control_(YEP) I've watched Yanfly's tutorial and his whole guide, but for whatever reason, I just don't understand how this plugin works. I want to start off by giving one of my actors a skill called "Riposte." It gives the actor a state for 1 turn that...
  20. Damascus7

Items that can only be sold to certain shops?

Is there a way to make it so certain items can only be sold to specific shops? For example, some creatures drop monster parts, but I want the player to only be able to sell those monster parts to the apothecary; the blacksmith won't accept them. Likewise, you can sell weapons to the blacksmith...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have a random update.
Here's what people think game dev life is like: Oh I'll just add this feature and that feature.

A game devs' reality: add one feature and watch the rest break like domino's.
e

I90hkCf.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slavdy