Search results

1. Joerao

A Question for Composers

That's a good point, Nick - you're completely right. 
  2. Joerao

A Question for Composers

Yes, it is a realization about myself, but it's supported by my discussions with other artists. I'm not trying to force this on anyone else; I'm simply trying to provide an alternate point of view. I'm neither ignoring nor minimizing how much free music is done in this community- I think it's...
  3. Joerao

A Question for Composers

Classic argumentum ad absurdum, IMO. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that paying composers makes them do worse work. I said that when they do solely paid work over a long period of time, it often makes them do worse work. I'm just asking - why not balance out paid commissions with free...
  4. Joerao

A Question for Composers

Nick, my intention is most certainly not to tell people what the best way to do their stuff is. I'm not trying to pressure anyone. As I said earlier, I don't have a problem with taking paid commissions, but I do think that it should be balanced with free/personal projects to keep the creative...
  5. Joerao

A Question for Composers

I agree completely with Happy. Touch, I definitely understand what you mean, and I think a better way to phrase my OP would be as a warning to composers rather than a question/accusation. I just feel as though when money becomes your motivation, it starts to suck the creativity right out of...
  6. Joerao

A Question for Composers

I understand what both of you are saying. It just seems to me that there were a more composers doing work for free a few years ago. And, by the way, if you really do depend on paid commissions for a livelihood, this is probably not the best place to advertise - there aren't a lot of devs here...
  7. Joerao

How to create my own music

Gorlami is spot-on. I'd also look into Acoustica Mixcraft if you're on a Windows computer - it's a great little program, very easy to use, and it's quite inexpensive when compared to the other DAWs out there. There's also a 40-day free trial and a free library with some pretty good sounds. What...
  8. Joerao

A Question for Composers

@Gorlami - I'm sorry. If it's a main source of income, I certainly don't mean to dispute the necessity of it. 
  9. Joerao

A Question for Composers

First of all, this may well be in the wrong place. Apologies in advance, mods. As some of you know, I was an active composer in the old rpgmakervx.net community around two years ago. Life forced me to take a bit of a break, but I've come back to the community here and one thing has struck...
  10. Joerao

Post Your Music

This is a piece I completed a while ago, featuring an amazing cellist from the UK named Deryn Cullen. Any comments/criticism would be great. :)   https://soundcloud.com/aakaash-rao/a-difference-of-opinion-feat
  11. Joerao

Back to my roots! Music for use in your games

Updated with three new pieces. :)
  12. Joerao

Haha, yeah- I really need to get organized :3
  13. Joerao

Hi Amerk - please feel free to use whatever tracks you like from back before I imposed the limit, even if they're here as well, in addition to five new tracks from this library if you'd like. The limit is five per project.
  14. Joerao

Thanks - glad you liked them!
  15. Joerao

Just updated the Soundcloud and library with two new pieces- Monastery and Mountaineering. I was very pleased with how the latter came out, so let me know what you think!
  16. Joerao

I just checked out the pricing plans and it looks like they've dropped the pro pricing quite significantly (or maybe they added a new plan). In either case, I decided to upgrade. :P Here's the Soundcloud link with all of those pieces.  I used the instruments from QL Silk in that piece. It's a...
  17. Joerao

Thanks everyone! @Scythuz- I'm afraid that I need to reserve my Soundcloud time for my professional portofolio. If I ever do decide to upgrade to a paid account, I will certainly upload these. 
  18. Joerao

Hi all, Some of you oldies may recognize me from the old rpgmakervx.net community several years ago. Sadly, I've not had much time to continue as an active member of the forums since. I still do love the community here, though, which is why I'd like to offer tracks from my non-exclusive library...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.
Some drawing of one of 'Forgotten Eclipse' bosses: The Shifter
Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N1gStomper58