Search results

1. Raith

AoE vs Single Target Damage - Balance Discussion

That's exactly the case in an elementless game; You can always go cast deadly Thunderstorm to Rubbersuit Troops. In a game with element based spell, you gotta make it so an element is not pointless as well as not overpowered. The way devs balance this is usually by mix-matching different...
  2. Raith

Ahhh, thanks for the correction and pardon me for the bad calculation, I just realized that I multiply it with the single target damage formula :stickytongue: That also reminds me to discuss the importance of elements in the AoE damage balance. If there's any, elements should be able to prevent...
  3. Raith

This is an interesting discussion. I'll try to not answer with "it depend on ...". My principle for balanced AoE is "A skill that is not going to be used/spammable if there is only single enemy attacking" So, about damage and for the sake of player sanity, I never reduce total AoE damage less...
  4. Raith

How to set a limit for monsters?

If I'm not mistaken, Moghunter's LMBS plugin doesn't mess with randomized/controlled encounter. However, it disable all functionality of Troops Event. If you use random encounter, you need Troops Event to setup the limit count. With it is being disabled with the LMBS plugin, the only way to do...
  5. Raith

How to set a limit for monsters?

Yeah, I agree with @bgillisp. This isn't easy by default, although it isn't impossible. So, before I jump to "plugin" as solution, I'd like to ask you to specify something: what is the definition of "area" here? Is it a region in a map? Or a map as a whole? When monster is attacking, is it a...
  6. Raith

Akea Animated Battle System 2

The one you are tinkering with is the setting for battle entry (that sprite movement during battle start). So no wonder it won't show anything. When freshly installed, this plugin has no default setting applied - not even a single movement. Hence to achieve your goal, the movement you mentioned...
  7. Raith

[SOLVED] Race as an Element for Attacks

I don't know if this even answer your question, but the infamous Dragon Quest JRPG series used that concept heavily in the form of race vs weapon since the player will always be human (e.g bird monsters are weak vs bow, beast monsters are weak vs spear, etc.). The same game I mentioned of course...
  8. Raith

Running a common event each turn, for every actor and battler?

From my experience it is possible to do this by using indirect parallel common event, thus avoiding serious lag. As far as I know, there are two ways to do this without plugin: Option 1: Let the common event to run in each turn by setting it in the Troop Event. The only problem with this...
  9. Raith

What would happen in the worst case scenario of the pandemic

@Dororo 2000 cases per day? Guess my country will take the crown from you lmao. 4000 cases per day here - and that total is actually still underestimated- and there are about another 200 million people out there to be infected. Hard to think this unrealistically. It is probably going to scale...
  10. Raith

RMMZ About the new RMMZ TouchInput functions...

FYI the code I modified (by adding || isTriggered) is the one controlling "Action Button" choice for activating event. @Hudell I highly agree with your opinion, since I've used the very same code for RMMV - isTriggered, isReleased, etc should not exhibit such behavior. And I've tested it...
  11. Raith

RMMZ About the new RMMZ TouchInput functions...

The new TouchInput in rmmz_core.js is highly similar with the old one inRMMV rpg_core.js. The difference that in the TouchInput.clear function now there are _newState and _currentState properties, and TouchInput.update function is rewritten radically thanks to the new _createNewState()...
  12. Raith

Caethyril's MZ Plugins

Hey, thank you for the great plugin! For the Cae_PictureTouch I'd like to report this "bug" (well, i'd like to call it expected behavior rather than a bug, anyway): The picture respond nicely to the supposed input and execute the following bound script/common event. However, when you...
  13. Raith

RMMZ How do you determine and change Equip Slot Order?

@caethyril I'd like to quote this: Since this little fella here: Game_Actor.prototype.equipSlots = function() { const slots = [3, 1, 2, 4] if (slots.length >= 2 && this.isDualWield()) { const shieldIndex = slots.indexOf(2); slots[shieldIndex] = 1; } return...
  14. Raith

This is exactly the reason on why I'm stuck for days, looking the function responsible in drawing equip slot order for each scene, hoping that it is not located in a vital parent function for easy and safe modding. I'm really hesitated with messing something inside rmmz_objects. In this case...
  15. Raith

@caethyril Thank you! Your explanation made everything clear! I agree with @Eliaquim on the reason of why (even in MZ,) slot order information in the Eqip Scene is (still) totally held by Game_Actor, not by Scene_EquipSlot - well, current reason is probably for the sake of code flexibility...
  16. Raith

My project employs pseudo class-free gameplay, which limit the player to use various weapon based on equipped armor. Hence, for the best user interface and experience, it requires the player to equip the armor first, then set the weapon, shield, and finally accesorries. Because of that, I'm...
  17. Raith

Anyone have an MZ Tileset Template?

@Faytless Well, first, welcome to RPG Maker MV/MZ! The new, JavaScript powered RPG Makers are now using 48x48 tile size. Both have same tileset standard, so don't worry if you have either version! All A slots are specialized by their function. A1 did the tiles with animation, A2 did any...
  18. Raith

RMMZ Can anyone teach me how to update Face portrait in the new Equip Scene properly?

That what was I thought. But Scene_Equip.prototype.onItemOk already have three refresh commands assigned for each window. I wonder where did I go wrong.
  19. Raith

RMMZ Can anyone teach me how to update Face portrait in the new Equip Scene properly?

RPG Maker MZ come with nice graphical tweaks Those include the nice little face portrait in the Status Window of Equip Scene. So I was working on a plugin which made the character change costume according to what item is equipped. The costume changed according to armor tier, armor, weapon, and...
  20. Raith

RMMZ Executing Common Event in Equip Scene?

Looks like I'm going to have some interesting works to do! Thank you for the enlightenment! -hereby I declare this thread as solved-

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to delay work on the Shadowstar Trilogy until we know more about MLP G5. And I've also decided to make "Attack on Equestria", the sequel, take place in the G5 world.
In case you're wondering, Shadowstar and the other Alicorn Guardians are immortal. They gave it up for some reason, I'm not spoiling why. But until G5 is out, I'll work on Magi in Ponyland instead.
We're Vtubers today! :D
treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Windows1800s