Search results

1. TheObermotz1

Setting a variable to a random number in a script call

And what would one put into the script, if they wanted a random number out of a pool of seperate numbers (like 4, 6 and 12)?
  2. TheObermotz1

How to randomly spawn Events in a certain region ID?

I wanted to know, if there is a way to make Events spawn randomly in a certain region ID. By that I mean, they can spawn on any tile, as long as the tile is within a certain region ID. In my game, I want the monsters to spawn in the overworld where the player can see them and fight/avoid them...
  3. TheObermotz1

Game & Map Screenshots 10

@atoms It's a mix of the both, but most are unlocked. Of course most doors eventually lead to a dead end, backstory or treasure. Exploration is supposed to be a big theme in my game and the player shouldn't be able to anticipate what's around the next corner or where the next treasure could be...
  4. TheObermotz1

Characters being offset with normal tiles. Searching for a fix.

@Heirukichi Well, that solved the issue. Thank you. The solution always seems so obvious in hindsight. ...how do I close down a thread again?
  5. TheObermotz1

Characters being offset with normal tiles. Searching for a fix.

Sorry for asking, but I've run into an issue with my project and I've not found any solution (not even people who have the same problem. That problem is, that character-sprites and tiles are slightly offset (like a few pixels up). It messes up both shadows and general map-design. Is there a way...
  6. TheObermotz1

I'd like to show you guys a portion of a work-in-progress dungeon in my project: It's the entry hall of an abandoned ruin, with light pouring in from the outside. (The lighting was done with Victors Light Effects) And here's an office. A squatter watches who enters and leaves the ruin.
  7. TheObermotz1

@Canini I'd prefer the zoomed in version, but only because I enjoy exploration and don't want the map to spoil what's over the horizon. @IguanaGuy Lookin' good!
  8. TheObermotz1

Weapon Type Conditions

Ah, yes. Now we're getting somewhere. But two problems came up: 1. A chain of conditions with your skript (with Index 0-3 for all 4 party members) still crashes the game, if there are less than 4 members in the party. The same goes for a chain that only counts for 3 party members, with a party...
  9. TheObermotz1

Weapon Type Conditions

That certainly looks promising. However, I have trouble getting it to work; it makes the game crash. Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 450: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'equips' for nil:NilClass Am I doing something wrong?
  10. TheObermotz1

Weapon Type Conditions

Sorry for troubling you folks, but I've run into a problem, I can't solve on my own. The situation is the following: In my current project I want to include crates/chests that have to be pried open, before they can be lootet. The way it's supposed to work, is a condition checking if anyone in...
  11. TheObermotz1

Set Guard/Attack Skills

There we go, now we got it! I was using the new script as well, but also the old instructions. Thanks a bunch, probably wouldn't have figured it out without you!
  12. TheObermotz1

Set Guard/Attack Skills

This is quite an old thread, but I'll try my luck. Your script states, that you can change the default attack for not just an actor, but weapons/armor as well. Could you give a brief explanation as to how I could do that, that would be nice. A certain weapon having it's own default attack...
  13. TheObermotz1

Can I include an event name in a text message?

Ah, I see. Thanks! Now I can build my dialoge system.
  14. TheObermotz1

Can I include an event name in a text message?

I know that the hero's names can be included in a text message with \n[1], \n[2], ect... But is there a way to include the name of a specific event, like a door, a npc or a chest? I wasn't able to find anything online.
  15. TheObermotz1

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Here's how the battles between ships in my project are supposed to look like. Most of it is (of course) subject to change but I wanted to know what you guys think of it. The bar on the right displays the distance that lies between the player's ship and the enemy. If the distance gets smaller...
  16. TheObermotz1

Game & Map Screenshots 9

Hey, cabfe that looks pretty good. How did manage do pull of this lighting effect?
  17. TheObermotz1

Game & Map Screenshots 9

@Arcmagik Well, I don't know what it looked like before but it looks pretty cool now! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wow, compared to everything I've seen thus far, my tavern doesn't look nearly as impressive as I thought. Anyway, what do you...
  18. TheObermotz1

Player Character gets stuck and can only turn.

I don't know what was causing the problem, but I fixed it...somehow. For some reason the entire tileset was broken (neither player nor other events were able to move), but after erasing and reassembling it, it works just fine. Could somebody close down the thread? I don't really know how to do...
  19. TheObermotz1

Can see MP bar but not HP bar?

And is it bugged from the very start of the game or does it become bugged later (maybe after interacting with something)? Have you tried to start a new game? Sometimes the game can bug out if you go into a saved game, after changing things in the maker. Are you using any skripts? Right now...
  20. TheObermotz1

Player Character gets stuck and can only turn.

I've made sure that all relevant tiles are passable. And it's not just one type of floor that's affected. Every kind of floor is not passable (even though it should be).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to delay work on the Shadowstar Trilogy until we know more about MLP G5. And I've also decided to make "Attack on Equestria", the sequel, take place in the G5 world.
In case you're wondering, Shadowstar and the other Alicorn Guardians are immortal. They gave it up for some reason, I'm not spoiling why. But until G5 is out, I'll work on Magi in Ponyland instead.
We're Vtubers today! :D
treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Windows1800s