Search results

1. Brigg

Artwork Permissions for outside Projects

Hi all So I read in a GM post that you cannot use the artwork (which I'm assuming is part of the RTP) for anything other than an RPG project without special permissions. "-- You may contact us for special permission to use resource packs outside a project. Not all permissions are granted, but...
  2. Brigg

var(var(n)) == var(var(n)) not working?

I have an event that sets values to Variables 24-31. Variable 11, in this scenario, is a random number. Rather than list them individually, I made a loop that references another variable within the variable. However, I just can't seem to get it to work. I realize, listing them is technically...
  3. Brigg

How can I locate my product key?

I bought RPGMMV shortly after its release, but I uninstalled it when I was having a weird dll issue. Now I want to tinker with the sprite creator, and I can't find the email with the product key. Is there somewhere I can find that?
  4. Brigg

Effectus:Undefined method 'collect' for Nil:NilClass

This is happening in my Effectus script. I realize Effectus is a plug & play outside of RPG Maker, however, the people at Effectus (Source) have been MIA for about a year now, so I'm desparate and come to you all for help. It's been a rough night. The script line in question is the uploaded...
  5. Brigg

Events Overlapping Show Picture

This suddenly started happening tonight. When I pull up a picture, all my events and some tiles are above the picture. Any idea what might have caused this?
  6. Brigg

Fetching a number in an array within an array

if "$game_variables[n][2]" pulls up the third number in the array of [1,2,3]. what pulls up the second number in the first array? [[1,3],[2,2],[3,1]] Thanks for your help.
  7. Brigg

Window_NumberInput Error

So not sure what's happening here. Seems pretty straight forward, but after I input the number for variable[84], I get the error below. Any idea what I'm doing wrong??
  8. Brigg

Variable Batch Comparing

I'm trying to use a Conditional Branch to compare a Variable to a Batch of Variables to check if the a variable is within the batch of variables. I can't seem to get it quite right. Is there a way to do this? This is what I've been tinkering with, but it doesn't seem to be working. The...
  9. Brigg

Editor Window Delay

I've been battling this for a while. Not sure what else to do. After my PC has been on for a while, opening any windows in editor mode, be it a new or existing Event Window, the Database, whatever, it delays for about 6 seconds. If I restart my PC, no issues for a while - at least until I...
  10. Brigg

Accessing Map Notetags

I'm trying to access notetags within Map Properties. @Another Fen helped me with pulling notetag info out of stuff like items, weapons, armors, etc using: $data_items[id].note[/<id:(.*?)>/i, 1].to_i Using that Script Call formula, I tried using this...
  11. Brigg

Script Calling the Entire Troop Help

Hey Gang! I'm trying to adjust battler's params, but I want it to adjust all of them at once. I've tried: $game_troop.members[index].param[id] I was hoping "[index]" would apply to the entire troop, but alas, it is not. It's expecting a number 0-7 for the .members[index_id]...
  12. Brigg

Event Editor Window Glitch

My event editor has bugged out somehow. I'm beginning to worry that my program has been corrupted. I posted a thread in the technical section, but not sure if it would go there or here. If someone could take a look, I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's a link: Event Editor Window Glitch...
  13. Brigg

Event Editor Window Glitch RMVXA

Hey gang. Something weird happened today. I created an event, and this happened: It was working fine just before that, but now every window I open does that. I can restart the program, but same issue. The only thing that seems to temporarily fix it is restarting my computer, but only...
  14. Brigg

Upgrading the Attack Command

Hey everyone! I've decided to simplify my Skills to avoid so much Menu jumping. I'd like to be able to upgrade the first skill (1. Attack) as you are leveling. I tried changing a stronger attack's Skill Type to [None] which Attack is, but it doesn't seem to be working. I was hoping that once...
  15. Brigg

Note Tags into Variables?

I'm trying to simplify some templates I use in several common events. Hoping for 2 things.     Is there a way to pull a notetag integer from an item's note box and turn it into a specific variable without adding a script? Something that might possibly look like this: $data_items[id].notetag[n]...
  16. Brigg

Composite Sprite/Visual Equip Problem with Accessories

Hoping someone who has used this script, Modern Algebra's Composite Character/Visual Equipment, has also seen this problem and can tell me how they were able to fix it. According to the script, my layers (z0) are all sorted correctly and in the right priority, however, when I use, for example...
  17. Brigg

Error when Saving or Continue existing game.

I've recently added a visual equip script to my game. Today, when trying to continue a game, I got this:         Here's the line from Modern Algebra's Composite Character script where the error occurred:       Modern Algebra's Composite Characters & Visual Equips Yanfly and Todd's Autosave by...
  18. Brigg

RMMV License Different From RMVXA?

I downloaded the trial for MV. Love the Sprite creater, Side Battle option, and the double layers for tilesets. Not enjoying the graphics though. With the tiles being 48x48 rather than 32x32, I expected a lot more detail across the board, but was disappointed with the walking sprites (walking...
  19. Brigg

Events Rushing & Skipping Event Commands

So about 25 hours of gameplay into my project, my game has developed a little quirk. If there are a series of switches, states, events, transfers, whatever, it plows through to the last one and skips the rest. This has never been a problem before. I just started noticing it recently, and...
  20. Brigg

Code for Current Base Stat

I'm trying to figure out how to pull up a player's ATK without the stat increase from the equipped item. something like: $game.actors[id].atk - $game.actors[id].equip_id_atk(0) or something to that effect. I'm using common events for a gear crafting system. Everything is in place, but I'm...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ally_dwight