Search results

1. Mr. Detective

Let's Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡ Rules

So... what happened to this contest? Are we going to see the results eventually? Are the videos going to be reposted on the channel or evaluated by Studio Blue?
  2. Mr. Detective

Need help with a little math.

Hello, I need help with calculating some numbers. Let's say I have a character that starts with 100 HP, and I want her maximum HP to increase by 10 every time she levels up. What would the maximum HP be when she reaches level 100 (or 99 in the database)? I thought it'd be 99 x 10 = 990, then...
  3. Mr. Detective

Using screenshot as battleback.

@poorrabbit Found the setting, thanks!
  4. Mr. Detective

Using screenshot as battleback.

Hello, I'm using a screenshot of a map as my battleback. Problem is: the screenshot isn't appearing in its original size. Not sure why this happened. How can I make the battleback show up exactly the same as the screenshot? And yeah, I need to hide that UI button. Thanks in advance!
  5. Mr. Detective

Just the starting gears and gems. Nothing strange. [ATTACH] I don't think the crystals are the...

Just the starting gears and gems. Nothing strange. I don't think the crystals are the culprit. I've been using these gears before entering the sewer. The glitch is gone now. Haven't been playing again, so no idea if it will randomly happen again.
  6. Mr. Detective

RMMV Corpse Party: Frozen Fear

This sounds like it could be its own standalone game, instead of a fan game...
  7. Mr. Detective

Have Your Game Played on an official RPG Maker Web Stream!

You forgot to post the stream from yesterday.
  8. Mr. Detective

Let's Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡ Submission Thread!

Finally got it done at near the last minute! Had to rush this and still ran into some nasty recording issues, but I did the best I could. I apologize for text speed, sincerely! T_T http://www.mediafire.com/file/gv59fgqfyp1m57b/Valentine+Contest.mp4/file Nothing special but I hope it was at...
  9. Mr. Detective

Let's Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡ Rules

Apologize for this silly question, but where can I find the MZ logo? Google only shows this https://assets-global.website-files.com/5efc0159f9a97ba05a8b2902/5f1a9382f263c3a6498875ac_rpg-maker-mz-logo-en.png and it's certainly not what the other RPG Maker logos look like. It's lacking a picture, no?
  10. Mr. Detective

Best size for message window?

@Hyouryuu-Na Nah, I meant the size of the textbox, not the game resolution. Trying to find the best width for it. But I thought 1280x720 was a good resolution for fullscreen, and that's what I have now. Didn't realize 1280 wasn't divisible by 48... Do I need to change? I think I'll stick with...
  11. Mr. Detective

@Soulrender I tried to imagine how yours looks like, but it seems kind of strange to me... Does the size have to be divisible by 48? I tried 1080, then 960, and now down to 864. I think I might stick with 864 instead of 816, slightly more space to work with it doesn't look too suffocating. What...
  12. Mr. Detective

Damage Formulas 101

Let me chime in a bit... On the subject at hand: our games are not the same and we all have different ways of doing things. Just because one way works for you doesn't mean it must work for everyone else and vice versa. The players won't know any of these behind-the-scenes methods. What they...
  13. Mr. Detective

I'm currently making my game in 1280x720 resolution, and I'm wondering what size I should have for the message window. At first, I changed the size to 1280. But then I noticed that not everyone does this, and I don't see myself using the entire textbox, since it would be slightly uncomfortable...
  14. Mr. Detective

Your preferred tutorial?

Tales, Persona, Final Fantasy games all have easy to understand tutorials. But for an RPG Maker game, I'd use screenshots and pictures, then explain to the players with in-game texts.
  15. Mr. Detective

Announcement RPG Maker 31st Birthday: Release Something Event

I'm about to make a short cutscene for the Valentine contest. Can I use it for this contest, too? @stramin Just use a different song for this contest.
  16. Mr. Detective

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Working on a battle hud. Wonder if I should have some sort of background at the back of the hud or leave it as is. Still working on it, but it's close to how the end product will look like. Each character will have a different colored box. I can also either get rid of the background boxes...
  17. Mr. Detective

Would it turn you off if a game changed battle systems midway through?

I would feel cheated, scammed, and frustrated at the false marketing. OK. Maybe a little exaggerated, but some people might really feel that way, lol. Imagine playing Tekken for 9 stages, then when you get to the last boss, the game switches to SF mechanics all of a sudden. Unless this was made...
  18. Mr. Detective

RMMZ Graphic problem with MogHunter's battlehud plugin.

I can only move the bar's x and y coordinates. There's no width or height setting. If no one else knows how to fix, my only option is to contact him. Although... I'm not sure if he will respond to English emails.
  19. Mr. Detective

@ShadowDragon No use. This can't be a resolution or a plugin problem, now that I think about it. The default graphics that came with the plugin works fine. But the ones I made don't show up right.
  20. Mr. Detective

Hello, I'm currently using MogHunter's battlehud plugin, number 1, classic. https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmz-battle-hud/ My game's resolution is 1280x720. Problem I have is that the graphic for the HP bar is not displaying correctly. The size of the HP bar is 86x11 pixels, the outer...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plugin_dude