Search results

1. VirusChris

Side-View Sprites as Over World Sprites?

Oh sorry for the late reply. I got sick and was bed-ridden for a while and was busy with work and such. Hehehe... I was not aware the MV Plugins were in a section called "JS PLugin Requests" which is why it flew over my mind was looking for "MV Plugins". Thank you Kes for moving my topic and...
  2. VirusChris

Oh! A quick question... I can also set it up when a button is not pressed for idle animation? Depending on which direction they were when you stopped they will face in that direction and they will "bounce" in place in a way? Would be weird if they were static and stayed frozen in a walking...
  3. VirusChris

Sorry for not replying so soon. Busy and got a little sick. So ala Pokemon Encounters? Though is that better than the default encounter? Then again I could use it for enemies in tall grass or something if I did the old random encounter way. But, I'll try to keep it to On Field Encounters. I...
  4. VirusChris

Hmm... that's a pretty elegant roundabout way of doing that. I'll keep that in mind. So basically the same Common Event for the Main Hero just spread to all the other Party Members. Clever. Though how do I get that to work with Random Encounters? Though I plan to do On Field/Overworld...
  5. VirusChris

The Tales game has a key item that's called "Leader Flag" and sometimes an additional one called "Super Flag R". What it does is change the Avatar on the field you're using. For example you're using the Main Hero walking around in towns, dungeons, and such but you want to use the Main Heroine...
  6. VirusChris

I see. Though if I had a Change Party Leader setup, like how the Tales series does it, how would be the best way to go about it? Though I have no plans to change which Avatar to use I like to keep a lookout for the future. Or even a Party Follow Leader setup would be tricky. Ah, and on NPCs...
  7. VirusChris

Interesting. Stepping can be done via events, right? If I press right on the map, via parallel event I think, I can flip the sprite in that direction. As long as I don't have a Costume Change system in place. Also that QSprite... going to take me time to study it. I'm a little lost at what to...
  8. VirusChris

That would be a simple solution, however it would lead to Left side being up and left and Right side being down and right. I want something to allow me to have Left go up, down, and left when the sprite is facing left. But, when I face Right the sprite's is facing right while going up, down...
  9. VirusChris

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question, but I'm not seeing a category for Requests/Questions so I hope it's fine here. I'm asking if there's a Plugin or a possibility to use a different kind of spritesheet for Over World Sprites. Basically instead of the 4 (or 3) sprites for...
  10. VirusChris

Dark Cloud Weapon Plugin Request

Sorry for not responding! I can't recall what I was doing over a year ago, but I was pretty busy. Still am. Though I have all of Yanfly's Plugins released for the MV, I need to experiment around before attempting to make my own RPGs. Thank you for the link @Frogboy. I took a look and I do like...
  11. VirusChris

The TP System: How much can I change it?

I see. I'll keep that in mind. So which Plugin should I go for to get what I'm looking for? The Enchanted TP one by Yanfly?
  12. VirusChris

Is there a way to make Monster Rancher-like game?

Yup. I have a friend who is currently using the RPG Maker XP to this day on his RPG project which I've helped out a bit with spritework and finding some scripts for his game. We even manage to find someone who still works on making RMXP scripts nowadays. Not much, but it's pretty good. Though I...
  13. VirusChris

The TP System: How much can I change it?

Without using Yanfly's Plugins? Well her (I believe Yanfly's a she... I never ask and assumed) TP Plugins are more like making TP Modes similar to FFX's Overdrive modes which is NOT what I'm looking for, but might in case I need to tweak the TP system a little. Sorry if this has been asked...
  14. VirusChris

I see. I guess I will be looking around for tutorials to give me a rough idea how to make it. Honestly my favorite RPG Maker is XP because the mapping system was the absolute best in that compare to most RPG Makers which I'm so confused why they never went back to it. Well I hope I can make...
  15. VirusChris

Sorry. I have no idea where to post this kind of question as I only see "Plugin" Request and no regular Request board, so I'm posting it here. Please let me know if I put it in the wrong area and tell me where to go so I know next time. Anyway onto my question! For those of you old school...
  16. VirusChris

I see, figures! XD Anyway I never heard of Atom or VS Code before, but I'll check them out. They help a lot for making Plugins for MV the most, right?
  17. VirusChris

All this time and no mention or word of this type of Plugin in development? Well I don't expect it be done in a night and Yanfly isn't taking request for Plugins sadly anymore. Sorry I don't mean to nag or anything, but I wanted to keep In the meantime I plan on using the Yanfly's Attachable...
  18. VirusChris

That's cool. I can wait. I'm in no rush at the moment. Like I said I would love it if this Plugin allowed Weapons, Armor, Accessories, and others to have leveling and possible have certain skills be unlocked when reaching those levels too. Something I'm looking for and more customization...
  19. VirusChris

Oh wow... I wasn't expecting someone to post or that someone HAS been working on this as well. Honestly it's a shock something like this kinda of Plugin hasn't been made yet. For my game my characters have levels so they have their own Character Skills tied to them (and using Yanfly's Limit...
  20. VirusChris

I'm a little shock that the Dark Cloud Weapon script from VX and VX Ace never carried over to MV yet. Anyway, I want to request this Plugin as I'm looking for a Plugin that allows you to power up and evolve your weapon from using it in battle and earning Weapon EXP from defeated enemies. For...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guille1194