Search results

1. The Big Book of World Building/Notes: Do you have one?

Back in the months leading to MV's release, I did some diving through a collection of data backup discs that I've built up over the last decade and stumbled upon old notes and discarded ideas for potential game projects I had toyed with in past RPG Makers. There was one in particular that stood...
  2. Any way to separate mouse movement feature from mouse menu?

So I'm using a pixel movement type plugin (Quxios' QMovement to be exact) and I'd like to remove mouse movement because it doesn't work well with how I currently have my coliders set up. However, I also don't want it to disable the ability to click on menu options. Is there a way to accomplish...
  3. Simple Bombs: How to make Explodable Objects

Hello everyone, today I'll be showing you how to make a simple bomb system that can blow up objects using only event commands, just like in the gif above! This is my very first tutorial for any RPG Maker so I'll try my best to make it as easy to understand as possible. Because I'm using a lot of...
  4. Thinking of adopting a cat

One of my friend's sibling is giving away kittens, so I thought I'd pick one up because I've been wanting one for a long time. Thing is, I'm not quite sure what I need to prepare first as I've never had a pet before. Aside from preparing a little space, a litter box and a feeding area, what are...
  5. Are event lags still an issue with lower end PCs?

In my current project, I'm basically reworking a portion of my game to combine smaller maps with each other to make one larger one in order to reduce the number of unnecessary load and transition time for the player. However, I'm kind of worried about maps with a lot of events, since in the past...
  6. Self Switch Conditional Branches?

So, I know we can control self switches remotely using script calls, but how do I check a remote self switch in a conditional branch? If I remember correctly, VX Ace had a script call for this, but I can't seem to find an equivalent command for MV.
  7. Debug Rooms

So um, yeah, let's discuss debug rooms. This is something I've always done for the sole purpose of checking event functionalities, test battles with different setups, adding key items to view locked events, viewing sprite animations/movement routes etc, and it sort of functions as a hub for...
  8. Anyone mind translating the Terms of Use for me on this website? (Japanese)

http://fhouse.s17.xrea.com/ Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, seeing as I really don't know where else it would belong. So anyway, I really like this person's work, and I want to convert the midis for looping purposes. However, I cannot read Japanese, and google/excite...
  9. Removing Weapon Category from the Item Menu

For my project, I'm using a weapon lock system and plan on having NPCs throughout the game that will upgrade your weapon's strength (a la the Suikoden series). Because of this, the weapon category in the Item Menu is not needed, and I was wondering where I can change it so that it isn't there...
  10. Question about using RTP resources from other RPG Makers

Hi, So I have both RPG Maker 2003 and VX Ace on Steam, and I want to use some of the music from RPG Maker 2003 in my VX Ace project. I will be converting them to MP3 via an online converter I found, and then to OGG for looping purposes. My question here is, am I allowed to do this under the...
  11. [ACE] Help with making an alternate event trigger button

I am still very new to RGSS so please bear with me. For the purpose of adding a pickpocket feature to my game, I want to use an extra button that can also trigger an event. Though I assigned Input Z (D on the keyboard) as an extra event trigger button, it is not as perfect as I had hoped. The...
  12. Greetings!

Hello everyone! The name's Gambit74 (Seven Four, not seventy-four :P ). Though I've been a frequent lurker of these forums for some time, I finally decided to settle down. I've been using RPG Maker since XP was first officially localized in English. Though I've never really made nor completed...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewStaff