Search results

1. CombatJazz

RMMV Yanfly Subclass change on weapon change

Hi! My question is pretty simple. I'm looking for a way that I could set it so that the character's subclass automatically changes when they equip a new weapon type. If a sword is equipped, their subclass is locked to Sword Student. If they equip an axe, it's changed to Axe Student. And so on. I...
  2. CombatJazz

Theorycrafting a Weapon Mastery Skilltree System w/ Yanfly Skill Core

Hi, everyone. I am making this thread mostly out of a desire to kick opinions around before I commit to entirely rewriting my database. I'm sort of a newbie to complicated event-based and variable based systems and I'd like to know if what I'm describing is feasible. Here is the idea. Player...
  3. CombatJazz

Cliff Edges just... not working

Howdy! I am about to rip all of the hair out of my scalp. I am trying to make an area of the map that is an indentation in the ground. Appropriately, you should be able to go *in* via the stairs but not *out* via just walking over the cliffs, because that doesn't make any god damn sense. I have...
  4. CombatJazz

Prevent "Cannot Move" Restriction from Literally Preventing Movement

Hello again! Another checks watch half hour, another problem. For my faux-press turn system, i use a state with a "cannot move" effect in order to demarcate the end of the turn. However, this presents a problem in that it Literally Prevents Motion, making the sideview battlers stop moving and...
  5. CombatJazz

Eval based on element rate

Hi, everyone. I think this one is pretty simple. I have a passive state on everyone that does a thing. If you hit a weakness or crit, it does another thing. Otherwise, it does not. I'd like if there were a way to have a "custom action end effect" (yanfly Buff/States Core) that checks if the...
  6. CombatJazz

Yanfly Synthesis Fully Hide Unavailable

Hello, everyone! I like to imagine my question is pretty simple. My game has a ****ton of items, to the point that when the player opens up the synthesis menu they are immediately confronted with Literally Everything, which I personally find immensely daunting and would imagine others would too...
  7. CombatJazz

Combat Jazz's RTP Dices

Hi, everyone! I am using these mostly for my own purposes -- I do a lot of mapping in doodads and the default pack does not have really good paths available, so I went and diced up the overworld dirt path bits myself so that I could use them for doodadding. Feel free to use them if you need...
  8. CombatJazz

Yanfly Lunatic Scripting - Shin Megami Tensei-styled Instant Death?

Hello! I'm trying to get Shin Megami Tensei styled instant death abilities to work, and I'm having a bit of a doozy of a time since my scripting knowledge is lackluster, so any help would be appreciated. By Shin Megami Tensei styled I mean that the instant death is elemental in nature - you...
  9. CombatJazz

Yanfly Row - How to stop an enemy from moving into an occupied space?

Hello, help form! Here's my question -  I'm using the row plugin (amongst many other plugins, but I think this is something that can be solved with the row plugin, battle AI, and maybe action sequences? I don't know how really to javascript and i feel like this would require javascript, so...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattowen21