Search results

1. KisaiTenshi

Rewrite Engine

This is trivial stuff you can just edit in the javascript or with a plugin. Your largest risk here is using the D20 system without permission from Wizards of the Coast/Dungeons and Dragons. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/srdfaq/20040123b If it sounds silly: Note that you can still...
  2. KisaiTenshi

What does "Made with RMMV" mean?

Read all the pages, because the questions are never innocent. There is a trend, over the last year, though likely going back further where people "asset-flip" games to sell on steam to mine for steam cards, which in turn are part of a larger money laundering scheme. This is happening mostly...
  3. KisaiTenshi

If I download your game, and look at the Javascript object descriptions, that tells me that it at some point was a RPG Maker MV project. If you use the MV editor to build the map using MV assets, but then decide to go build the game in Unity still using MV's assets, that is a violation of the...
  4. KisaiTenshi

Does it run on my Mac and Windows systems?

The Steam license is only attached to the editor. So you can pretty much use it on whatever computer you want as long as you can use your steam license on it. That said, the steam version will not permit you to run two copies at the same time. Just like how you can't run the games from two...
  5. KisaiTenshi

There is no issue with exporting the game to HTML5, because that is exactly what happens when you export the project, even when you select Windows or MacOS X. The "RPG Maker" binary is just nw.js ( https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js or http://nwjs.io/ ) The game is entirely based on json files...
  6. KisaiTenshi

Fps dropping on web hosted game

You could try the application cache, but I'm warning you in advance that it's going to result in the game taking like 20 minutes to pre-download. Web-workers can't manipulate active data in the main thread, they can only "do something" on data passed to it and pass the data back. Basically...
  7. KisaiTenshi

Basically, the dependency on node-webkit adds a large amount of overhead that isn't really used (RPG Maker MV only uses canvas and webaudio features) So when people compare previous versions of RPG Maker to MV they are disappointed that there is a 100MB overhead of disk space and 128MB of ram...
  8. KisaiTenshi

If you were running it locally, the antivirus would behave is a similar way. Typically they run both a transparent proxy LSP mode and a file scan mode, and when the web browser loads files locally it doesn't go through the transparent proxy LSP.  But that wouldn't be the reason for the FPS...
  9. KisaiTenshi

Deploying to PC from Mac

Good luck trying that on Mac OS X and Linux :) The EULA can make any demand it wants, but "you must take measures to prevent ripping the assets from your software" is asking to close the barn door after the cows have left. The weak part isn't the game engine, but the game creator, whom...
  10. KisaiTenshi

Deploying to PC from Mac

If you are deploying a Windows version from OS X, just specify so in the software. There should be a Windows "deployment" exe already where you installed RPG Maker MV. Enigma Virtual Box is only if you want to package it as a self-contained thing. It's not going to save you from having anyone...
  11. KisaiTenshi

It's likely that opening the menus is causing a network (probably an audio file) pull. Setup caching directives on your server (expires 30 minutes, or set up etags) to try and solve that. Remember that any difference in behavior from running it locally and remotely is attributed entirely to...
  12. KisaiTenshi

RMMV: Browser Failed to Load {filename here}

The Application Cache makes your "web" application into an offline "web page", that is viable only in production mode. Once enabled the web browser will NEVER touch your website ever again once it downloads all the files specified in the cache manifest. So if you make a mistake, you have to...
  13. KisaiTenshi

How to remove blur?

Did you change any of the load settings from true to false? The first "plugin" sets them all to false (eg no smoothing), the second one is a copy of the default settings, where you can selectively set certain ones to false. If you use one, don't use the other. The HTML/CSS affects only the...
  14. KisaiTenshi

How to remove blur?

Please refer back to the first page. There are two ways to accomplish the same thing, as plugins: a) Change the operation of loadBitmap ImageManager.loadBitmap = function(folder, filename, hue, smooth) { if (filename) { var path = folder + encodeURIComponent(filename) +...
  15. KisaiTenshi

The LGPL would only allow someone to recompile the QT portion of the editor. The only reason someone would have to do this today would be to port it to another platform or to update the supplied QT libraries if the RPG Maker developers no longer update it. Like, it's something someone would...
  16. KisaiTenshi

Nope. The MV Editor is released using the RPG Maker license. The LGPL applies to the QT framework That means at most, the RPG Maker developers only need to provide the QT source they used, not the editor, and doesn't need to be included with the editor.  Which is the only requirement. eg...
  17. KisaiTenshi

Sound Debugging

I think you're mis-identifying the problem. The problem for anyone experiencing a problem with the sound is one of below: a ) They're trying to use audio on a device that doesn't support it (eg Android prior to 4.4.4) b ) They're trying to use too long of an audio file (there's really no...
  18. KisaiTenshi

Sound Debugging

Because it's not a bug? Different distributions call for different solutions. Preloading is mostly unnecessary if it's run from the local disk and the files are of appropriate length. Node-webkit doesn't support setting the sample rate. 
  19. KisaiTenshi

Opening Bin File

Just login to Steam and run RPG Maker MV from there on the Mac.
  20. KisaiTenshi

RPG Maker MV Debugging

RNslow.html has the R9 380 while the RMnormal has the  6300M which tells me that one is the laptop. This sounds like you haven't installed the drivers correctly on the desktop, or it's your monitor. Note that it's 1920x540 which suggests it's running in 1080i mode. It might be sync locked to...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.
energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
i am absolutely DRAGGING MYSELF RIGHT NOW, i bought a commission ($35) back in october, got the art back, it was great, only to NOW realize i never DOWNLOADED it to my computer, and the site i used auto-deletes uploads after 3 months. Now i'm panicking cuz she closed all her commissions on that site & deleted her IG and Facebook, luckily I found her g-mail but who knows if she'll respond :kaocry: pray for me ya'll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markkk