Search results

1. Arin

Scaling enemies and items

Yes, apologies for the confusion. It would be something similar to this portion right here.
  2. Arin

That could work. The only issue that I really run into is, I still feel like I would have to make a separate entry for each level of that particular weapon.
  3. Arin

Hi there. To start off with, the title may confuse some people but this is in regards to weapon scaling. In the project that I am working on, enemies can be scaled to your level and the weapons they drop will be fixed to that level. So say for example a Level 13 enemy will drop gear that can...
  4. Arin

RMMV DISHARMONIA (DEMO AVAILABLE!)

Hi, Fel! Like I said before, great job on the game and I really loved how far this game project has come. I recently managed to do a full livestream of Fel's game and here is my personal critiques on it: I'll start with the pros. There is a lot of potential for a great title here. Even in the...
  5. Arin

Even For Eternia [RPG Maker MV]

Game is released! This is just a small announcement page letting you all know to spread the love! And thank you to everyone who purchased a copy or will purchase a copy. Special big shoutouts to all the playtesters who helped me with the game and I will go back and fix any bugs that come up. I...
  6. Arin

Even For Eternia [RPG Maker MV]

"Take one step towards ending the hatred you have accumulated all these years. Take one step forward towards the path of salvation, and let your anger, hatred, and dissonance fade away. ...But not without a price to pay." Welcome to the world of Even For Eternia! This is my first very serious...
  7. Arin

Let's talk about critical damage

I changed the default in my game from the 3x to actually 1.5x. However, I've counterbalanced that so that some weapons you get have a slightly higher Critical Chance (maybe 10% as opposed to 5%) and a stronger Critical Multiplier (2x instead of 1.5x) and the best weapons in my game (Wraith...
  8. Arin

I haven't been on here much. Just know that I have something in the works for a commercial...

I haven't been on here much. Just know that I have something in the works for a commercial release, however~!
  9. Arin

Arin's Let's Play/Try Thread

Hi there @Gravemaster . Unfortunately, and it breaks my heart to say this, I won't be able to get any LPs or Streams going for the next couple of weeks. The reason for that is I'm really hammering down trying to complete my project and get it out to the public for testing, and then eventually...
  10. Arin

hiddenone found a mic (and decided to play some games!)

Hi, hiddenone! Thank you so much for the review. Regarding the text boxes, this has been fixed. It was an error with Yanfly's Text Message Box. So I went back and redid some of the dialogue to make it look better. WOAH, the effect that you did with the bird's voice was really really cool! That...
  11. Arin

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

@jetboost Thank you so much for the code! I was able to get it working!
  12. Arin

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

Alright, if someone could help me out with a specific skill, I would really appreciate it. The Skill's tooltip is "Deals 50% more damage for each negative parameter status change the enemy has". This can scale up to 250% for all 5 states (Attack, Defense, Magic Attack, Magic Defense, and...
  13. Arin

It's a skill where it deals 50% more damage for EACH negative parameter status change, up to...

It's a skill where it deals 50% more damage for EACH negative parameter status change, up to 250% (ATK, DEF, MAG, MDF, and AGI). So I have to think of every possible combination and do the math that way.
  14. Arin

Armageddon is mine. No shots from me!

Armageddon is mine. No shots from me!
  15. Arin

This custom damage formula is ruining me.

This custom damage formula is ruining me.
  16. Arin

Obligatory Happy New Year status for those that live in the future!

Obligatory Happy New Year status for those that live in the future!
  17. Arin

No matter how many times I play through the beginning of my project, it still sends shivers up...

No matter how many times I play through the beginning of my project, it still sends shivers up my spine. It really feels like art.
  18. Arin

I feel like if I don't have caffeine I'll fall asleep at my desk at any moment

I feel like if I don't have caffeine I'll fall asleep at my desk at any moment
  19. Arin

What Version of RPG Maker MV are you still using?

Was originally working in my project in 1.5.1, but then I had to upgrade to 1.6.1. I don't like how 1.6.1 is missing the battle test prompt and sends me straight to the Title Screen. Plus it's missing all of the debug options (like for example, F7 brings up your list of Switches and Variables)...
  20. Arin

Finally got SMILE Game Builder for 70% off. Thank God Steam Sales exist.

Finally got SMILE Game Builder for 70% off. Thank God Steam Sales exist.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.
years later and I still couldn't get over the fact that Konami killed P.T. and Silent Hills. Oh so much potential for a new modern classic horror.
Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyanna