Search results

1. The Resource WIP Thread 3

Okay, I see. Unfortunately I'm incredibly bad working with color palettes. I saw that you wanted this retro look, but I haven't thought about limited colors. Shading and finding the right colors was already very difficult for me and took a lot of time and practice to get used to. Sticking to a...
  2. Tell me why FFVII is a good game...

@Frogboy Morphing in the submarine was also allowed in my „ultimate challenge“. However – I'm a bit embarrased to explain this – there are no items that increase HP or MP. If you want to max those stats (or one of those) you have to reset on lvl up of the respective character to aim for a window...
  3. The Resource WIP Thread 3

@HazukiWolfe You probably already found out on your own how to improve your battler. Because nobody commented, I wanted to let you know that I think it's a great start! In case you still need some advice or a starting point: To me it looks like her right hand is a bit too big. Depending on the...
  4. Tell me why FFVII is a good game...

@bgillisp Ah, yes, that makes sense. However, I can't imagine the patience you need for such a slow battle system. I probably would have given up on the game sooner than later. I can somewhat relate to that, though. There is this framerate problem with the old Disc-version where the minigames...
  5. Tell me why FFVII is a good game...

To add to the above, in Europe we didn't have many other RPGs until FF VII. I can only think of one Turn Based even, Lufia II. Even though there is a physiyal english release of Treasures of the Rudras, we didn't get the previous FFs or Chrono Trigger until much later in the GBA era. So FF VII...
  6. The Resource WIP Thread 3

It doesn't suck, though here are some ideas for improvement: The wire should not only have barbs on one side. Some should be visible on the other side of the wire, too. Move these new barbs a pixel or two to break the symmetry. It's also possible that two barbs are right beside each other...
  7. Common events reset when changing maps?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but you need to turn the switch that activates the common event off at one point. If you only want to heal the party for a set amount of time/rounds, you would be better off to use a variable that counts how often the party has already been healed...
  8. Is it truly nostalgia or do games really suck now?

I'm not a fan of DLC and am boycotting microtransactions altogether since the beginning. I have some games for which DLC would be available, but usually I wait for the "complete" editions to drop to ludicrous prices before purchasing such games. Regardless of my abstain, I feel that it simply...
  9. The Resource WIP Thread 3

@callmedan Not a bad start! If you make the wall behind the two pillars darker, it would give the entrance more depth. Right now the pillars and the wall clash a bit, which make the scattered bricks look... even more flat. To give the pile more depth, you could cut off some of the bricks...
  10. What are your thoughts about "dialogue blips" when a character speaks?

I love text sounds! When every character has its own pitch, it's another indicator to show who is currently speaking. Furthermore you get an idea on how their voices could sound like, even without voice output.
  11. The Resource WIP Thread 3

@Kilitar Woah, that probably took some time to make! Nice! I really like your wolfes, especially the last one. The only thing I noticed is a little bit of pillow shading in the faces (and hands) of your battler. There is a nice tutorial on deviant art, that I found while searching for "how to...
  12. Silent Protagonist?

Personally, I don't have problems with silent protagonists. Currently playing I am Setsuna and Earthbound - both with silent protagonists. I really don't mind them and actually enjoyed the first hours with Endir, trying to slip into his shoes. But sooner or later I always reach the point, where...
  13. What's the best way to work around VXAce's mapping system?

You could also try to divide your tilesets into smaller ones for different areas, as you probably don't need every sheet for each map. So instead of a exterior and interior tileset, you'll want to make a forest, town, whatever tileset. This would free up space in the B-E sheets, which you can...
  14. PC specs around the world

A short internet search reveiled that the prices in Germany might be equal to those in Italy. Hm, maybe now would be a good time for an upgrade? I'm still working (and playing ;)) with a ten year old computer and haven't seen the need to upgrade it - except for the GPU at one time, because the...
  15. Using an variable as an Game Variable Index

Oh my, I'm sorry! In this case, depending on how you want to use this, you could put the formula directly in the variable ID spot, like with a script call: $gameVariables.value(30 + (5 * $gameVariables.value(A)) + $gameVariables.value(B )); You can also use a second variable and the Event...
  16. how to move existing tilesto another position?

I'm not quite sure if I understand your problem correctly. First, you select the area you want to copy with the right mouse button, then you can let go. Then choose the new position and paste your house with one left click - and if you want to preserve the exact look of your house, use a shift...
  17. Using an variable as an Game Variable Index

If I understand you correctly, you want to know how to access a specific value in an array via script call. $gameVariables.value(variableID)[index] Example: $gameVariables.value(3)[5]
  18. Thinking of adopting a cat

@taarna23 True, true. Though, regarding the annihilation ;) of furniture: In my experience, kitten are much more likely to play with the furniture if they have no playmate (of the same age). When you observe two kitten, you see they are constantly just playing, eating, then playing and...
  19. The Resource WIP thread 2

@Noobk Thank you very much! I also like your tileset! I just noticed that you have a tendency of using banding. It's especially visible on the roofs and the transition from grass to dirt. I think for the latter it would look good to use the grass border of your cliffs or something similiar...
  20. Thinking of adopting a cat

I would advice getting two kitten (is it kittenS in english?), so that they can play with and cuddle each other. Contrary to popular believe, cats are not loners. With company (especially in their very young age), their development will end in a balanced character and a cat that knows that she's...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peng