Search results

1. Anthony Xue

Random Encounter Schemes/"Systems"

Thanks! You're completely true, it will require vastly more work than "set random encounter rate to 13%". And yes, the vast majority of the encounters would still be visible - the idea is that the "invisible" encounters generate additional tension and unpredictability, but that only works if...
  2. Anthony Xue

Random Encounter Schemes/"Systems"

Do these have to be mutually exclusive? You could have, for instance, characters with a scouting ability. Depending on whether that ability is sufficiently trained (some monsters may be harder to spot than others), encounters may be visible or not. Could be accompanied by a starting message at...
  3. Anthony Xue

Stat Checks?

Good lord, one day offline and the whole thing goes off the rails. At this point, I think the discussion has progressed into territory that doesn't have much to do with its original purpose, so I'll leave it with these remarks... I started out with about a dozen unfinished attempts and one...
  4. Anthony Xue

Stat Checks?

Thank you. Basically my point - if there's a door with a stat-/skill-based lock, I would like to be able to - pick the lock (Pick Locks skill, maybe enhanced by special one-use dwarven lockpicks) - break the door (Strength check, maybe enhanced with Strength potion) - cast a spell (Knock, maybe...
  5. Anthony Xue

Stat Checks?

@Trihan I'm completely with you here, even though @Tai_MT makes it look as if I'm not :wink:. And this is true not only of the narrative, but other checks as well. Just as an example, how much gameplay sense makes a Spot Secret Doors check that openly announces it has failed? @Tai_MT Your...
  6. Anthony Xue

Stat Checks?

I think that numerical non-combat checks make very much sense, but only under the condition that the check concerns only one party member. Mainly, this is true of very specific skills where (usually) only one party member has the required knowledge. For very broad checks like strength (or also...
  7. Anthony Xue

Using gif/apng as loading image

Thanks! (It's now a floating hourglass. Much more appealing.)
  8. Anthony Xue

Using gif/apng as loading image

@tale Could you elaborate on that? What exactly do I have to do to get a custom loading image in MZ? I hate this spinning circle with a passion.
  9. Anthony Xue

RMMV [RSE] The Lost -DpC- || Play the Demo now! ||

Alright! First of all, I'm quite impressed with the graphical polish and the amount of effort you are still putting into this despite having a job and a family. This is obviously a work of love, and it clearly stands out among RPG Maker games. However, when playing through the demo (played the...
  10. Anthony Xue

OcRam MZ -plugins

Thanks for your great plugin! One question, though - is there a way to get a Night Phase Common Event similar to the Day Phase CE? I'd like my parallax sky background image to change from a cloudy day picture to a starlit sky night picture as soon as night falls.
  11. Anthony Xue

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Excellent, that worked. Ah, I'm really not fond of coding, but I guess I'll have to learn one or two things...
  12. Anthony Xue

rabbitMap - A minimap plugin for MZ (and MV)

Looks nice! Is there a way to include a "fog of war" so the player can only see the parts of the map they already discovered? Makes a huge difference in a first-person perspective game...
  13. Anthony Xue

Wow, should have cought that. Thanks! However, the result is even more confusing - what I wanted to do was construct a message "Attack of [name of the user of the item] has been raised." This should work with "Attack of [\V8] has been raised". But when I then try to determine the user name with...
  14. Anthony Xue

So all I want to do is to store the name of the actor that last used an item in a variable. I use the Last Target Actor ID command to store the actor's ID in variable 7, that's working. But what is missing in the following? $gameVariables.setValue(8, $gameActors.actor($gameVariables.value(7).name);
  15. Anthony Xue

VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

So I'm working with the Custom Parameters... turns out there's not much space to display them in the default windows. My idea was to create an additional category, which works, and tell the window for that category to get the values of the Custom Parameters - which unfortunately requires more JS...
  16. Anthony Xue

RMMZ Visustella: More than four actors?

Never mind. Was able to do it via a combination of various options divided among several of the plugins. Thread can be closed.
  17. Anthony Xue

RMMZ Visustella: More than four actors?

Hi everyone, So my class/skill/battle balance system is currently set up for a party consisting of five characters. Unfortunately, the Visustella menu windows are aligned for rows of four characters each. This is fine for multiples of four, maybe it would work for six, but having an additional...
  18. Anthony Xue

RMMZ Talent & Race Scripts (possibly MZ Update of Frogboy Scripts)

"Farfetched"... yes, you could say so :cool: I guess it's possible to really bend things this way, but at some point "out of the box" means "through a maze". The plugin did everything I wanted very conveniently, and this way would require a ton of work (not only in the setup, but during...
  19. Anthony Xue

It does help with the races, true. However, I don't see how it could replicate the effect of the talents, since it seems the various traits cannot be leveled; an important factor of the Talents Plugin is that the talents have ratings (which the player can add to at each level up) and can be...
  20. Anthony Xue

Hi everyone, I'm looking for scripts that allow for the inclusion of D&D style talents (leveled abilities like Lockpicking, Swimming, Fire Magic...) and races (Elves, Gnomes, Orcs each with their own effects on stats and classes). Frogboy had two excellent scripts for this in MV...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peng