Search results

1. KChasm

How can I make the "item successfully used" sound not play?

An example of the sound can be heard here: Note that it's not the first few sounds, like from when I call the menu, but the more "flourishy" sound. I don't know what information is relevant, but I'm using common events that are set off by using items and with the whole "item used" stuff...
  2. KChasm

Looking for a sprite of a safe (VX ACE)

I'm trying to build a sprite of an old-fashioned safe that fits the Ace RTP style - I've given it my best go, but the best I've managed looks like some kind of brutalist TARDIS. Here's a link to the kind of thing I'm trying to ape...
  3. KChasm

Moved my files to a new computer - now I get this message. (VX Ace)

I recently moved over to a new computer, moving over all the rpgmaker files that were in My Documents. I made some changes to the files before I booted RPG Maker VX Ace up on the new computer (sprite additions/changes, some text files with notes, etc.) but when I did boot it up, I got this...
  4. KChasm

I'm definitely programming something wrong here, but for god's sake, what?

So I've got a puzzle in my game wherein you place four cards in four picture frames (plus a fifth frame in the room over), and if you press a button in the next room and all the right cards are in the right picture frames, the door opens. Else, you die. Problem is, I'm doing...SOMETHING wrong...
  5. KChasm

Can I have a shadow, please?

I want to manually add a shadow to a sprite, like the ones that are created when I place a wall, but I can't really seem to find this sprite in my resources (though I may have missed it), nor do I know exactly what to search for to find it online. I don't suppose anyone could link or...
  6. KChasm

What's the best way to implement this?

As part of a "cutscene," I'm aiming to have a tentacle extend from out of a hole and down a passageway. What would be the best way to do this? My first thought would be to make every tile the tentacle crosses a separate event tile and have each one charge its image to create the illusion of...
  7. KChasm

[VXAce] Use (key) item on event - How to?

I've seen this sort of thing done in RPG Maker games, I think. The player character stands in front of and facing the object you're about to use the item on The menu is opened manually, and the relevant item is selected, also manually Things happen as a result I've got a key item and an object...
  8. KChasm

[Ace] A request for blood but not in a way that sound creepy, hopefully

Resource Type: Sprite Maker Format: Ace Art Style: Ace RTP Description: Does anyone know where I can find some good patches of blood to litter the floors/walls of my dungeon with? Thanks for any help you can give me.
  9. KChasm

Puzzles for a cave dungeon

I've been trying to plan out the layout of a dungeon that's a more-or-less natural cave system underground in-game, but I'm having trouble coming up with good "puzzles" for the area—you know, "button in Room A removes obstacle in Room B," "feed these three items into the whachamacallit to open...
  10. KChasm

[Ace] Looking for certain torch/candle RTP-style sprites.

Resource Type: Sprite Maker Format: Ace Art Style: Ace RTP Description: I'm making a dungeon set in an underground cavern and am looking for some sprites to use. Does anyone know where I can find a good sprite of either: An old-style, wall-set torch, OR A lit candle/group of candles (no...
  11. KChasm

Are makapri sprites okay to use?

I found this site looking for rpgmaker resources, but I'm not sure if it's alright for me to use anything from here, on account of that I don't speak Japanese. Does anyone know this site's policy? https://ameblo.jp/makapri/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonzyyy