Search results

1. Darkstorne

Sprite Rotation/Scale/Etc Options? - GIF examples within

Sadly, that's not what I'm after. Sprite sheets don't allow for smooth movement like Stoneshard has (rotation would be VERY choppy and repetitive), and the other main benefit of this rotation method is a big reduction in VRAM overhead from all the spritesheets saved (each actor is just two...
  2. Darkstorne

Sprite Rotation/Scale/Etc Options? - GIF examples within

There's a fantastic little open-world RPG on Steam Early Access (I'm sure a lot of you would feel right at home with it's art direction!) called Stoneshard. It seems to feature a deceptively simple sprite system - only two directions a sprite can face (left or right, even when moving up or...
  3. Darkstorne

Map Animations for Flora etc?

Thinking of upgrading from RMMV and wondered if there are new solutions for animated map elements yet (for animating flora, cloth, etc - bringing scenes to life a bit more). Yanfly's doodads plugins helped with that in RMMV, but needs to be low framerate due to being entirely sprite based...
  4. Darkstorne

Chau Custom Resolutions Version 3.0.0

I can report the same issue. I have a 1920x1080 monitor, definitely running at 1920x1080, but that resolution option doesn't show up with this plugin. Ideally I'd like to run the game at up to 1920x1056, so a 48x48 grid fits neatly and UI is still crisp. Black bars would be minimal. Resolutions...
  5. Darkstorne

RMMV - Issue with Yanfly's Skill Learn System and Class Change System

Classes and subclasses are mostly the same. I have 8 party members, all with their own class, and late game you unlock the ability to subclass them all. At first to one of the 7 classes they don't default to, and later on to some of the extra classes you can unlock as end game optional content...
  6. Darkstorne

RMMV - Issue with Yanfly's Skill Learn System and Class Change System

I'm using these two plugins together (and a bunch of Yanfly's other stuff, because seriously, what a hero) but while I'd like to use the Skill Learn system right from the start of the game, I'd like the Class Change system (I'm using it for subclasses only) to be a late-game feature. Now, I...
  7. Darkstorne

hiddenone's MV Resource Warehouse

Terms of use are right at the top of the OP :smile:
  8. Darkstorne

Tall character templates UPDATE 10/10

These are really impressive! Thanks for sharing =) Did the engine issue with sprites taller than 48px get fixed then? Haven't checked in on MV in a long time, but last time I looked into this there were issues with layer sorting (character heads appearing behind objects they're standing in...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonzyyy