Search results

1. PoptartPresident

Call Menu while in an event

I'm sorry, I'm trying to understand what exactly you're asking for here. Do you mean...allow the player to call the main menu at any point they want during dialogue boxes? If that is the case, I do not think there is a way to do that without plugins or scripts. I could be wrong though. Do...
  2. PoptartPresident

RMMV How do I make a SEs and Sprites appear when there are random encounters?

So I have some sprites and sound effects I want to play. In my game, there is a creature that pops from underneath the ground, and under the "player". I want these effects to appear when a "random encounter" is successful. Like, right before the battle commences. I believe I would need to use...
  3. PoptartPresident

Do you organize your projects?

I just started off this whole RPG thing not too long ago! With my first project being kinda wonky n' all, it's been nice to learn some organization in terms of switches and variables. I like organizing them sorta like having a "title" switch/variable that acts as a header, and is not used...
  4. PoptartPresident

Player stuck at lowest walking speed after cutscene has ended.

Oooh wait a second. I think I see it... So you switch out Kris, right? I thiiiiiink what happened (could be wrong though) is that when you told the game to set the movement route of the Player near the end, it only applied the changes to Kris, not Lux (who is now taking control). I know you...
  5. PoptartPresident

Player stuck at lowest walking speed after cutscene has ended.

I see you have the event set to Autorun. Did you ever force this event on this 1st page to stop being Autorun? Cause if you don't do that in some way, the page will keep running over and over again. (I'm sure you're aware of this though, as it seems. But I can't tell if the page goes away since...
  6. PoptartPresident

RMMV How do I remove the Gold Menu and the huge blank space of the actors window?

Yeah, think of it kind of like a navigation puzzle-solving game with death looming around the corner. It's just a single actor using items to progress the game. Being able to choose items, and then instantly bring you to the item menu instead "selecting an actor" first is a total catch tbh. Not...
  7. PoptartPresident

RMMV How do I remove the Gold Menu and the huge blank space of the actors window?

Ah, interesting...I feel like there's a way to make it like that, but I'm just not sure how to approach the setup for that sorta thing. If it helps, the only focus I have is items. There aren't any weapons, armor, fighting...etc. There does need to be a health bar and player icon though.
  8. PoptartPresident

Essentially, all I want is the single actor in their own little window (without all the empty space), and no gold menu of any kind. I'm sure this would require a plugin if I'm not mistaken? (Not too sure though).
  9. PoptartPresident

How do I...make a one-time "warning" on the beginning of the game?

Hey thanks for the Persistent Switch link. Though, do you know how to create the .js file? In the OP's thread, they instruct you to copy and paste the code into a .js file....but I'm using a Mac. I can't really just create a .js file. ...can I?
  10. PoptartPresident

This would definitely be a one-time thing only, so I'm going to go with "after"? (I hope I'm using the right terminology) Like, you could start new games, different save files...and the warning would never come back.
  11. PoptartPresident

As soon as the player starts the game, I want there to be a dialogue box that pops up in a black background, and explains to the player that the game they're about to play contains certain content that isn't suitable for all viewers. I want it to end with: "By agreeing to this, you consent to...
  12. PoptartPresident

How do I simplify my menu tabs significantly?

1) Ahh, do you know of any plugins by chance? 2) Well the thing is, that would involve interacting with an event, wouldn't it? I want the players to be able to figure it out without bringing up the item screen automatically. Because then that tells the players "Oh I need something here". It's...
  13. PoptartPresident

How do I simplify my menu tabs significantly?

In my game, I have it implemented to where the player has to manually select items from their inventory, and stand in front of corresponding events to use them. There's something that bugs me though... So, when you need to select an item for something the current "use item" route is this: -Open...
  14. PoptartPresident

Actor large images in text messages?

Hello! It's very simple. All you need to do is bring your wanted-images to the "faces" folder, and make sure the dimensions are appropriate sizes for the "image" to fit in the face window. Then, from your actual in-game engine, you should be able to find it when deciding the face image. It...
  15. PoptartPresident

How do I make an event stop moving when it hits a wall?

Here's the coding :3 Soooo with the way this coding is currently setup, the snowball will travel repeatedly in the direction the player pushes it towards. (It's a sliding snowball, and the player is immune to the sliding effect) However, I ran into a previously unnoticed issue... Whenever...
  16. PoptartPresident

How do I make a death animation play after a battle?

Wow that worked like a charm! Thank you sir : ) I did pretty much everything you suggested, with the exception of the Troop events conditions. Instead of setting it to start at Turn zero, I had the condition be "Turn End" instead. That way, the event of the switch and checking if the player was...
  17. PoptartPresident

How do I make a death animation play after a battle?

So here's the case: There's an enemy you can encounter through the battle system. This is a special enemy, and all it's capable of doing is trying to inflict a death state on you. What I'm trying to do is...when this "State" is afflicted onto the player, I want the battle to abort, and right...
  18. PoptartPresident

How to set a random-chance variable between two numbers instead of always using the variable?

I feel like there is an easy answer but maybe I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to tell a random variable in a certain range that I want something to occur between 2 numbers...? Example: I have a set of events I want trigger based within a range of 1-30 (Using a random variable). I want...
  19. PoptartPresident

Free .ogg Converter

This is the answer!! I have gotten sound files in all kinds of formats, and audacity allows me to simply throw it in, and export the audio as .ogg It's a free program! And not filled with viruses/pop-ups like some sound-conversion websites...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loowa